Firepit / Grill (aka BBQ in Australia!)

The cows pose no real problem to us (except the poop), they get out of the way when we’re flying. The land is leased from the government and all the work was done by members with the help of very good donations from the construction sector. We also have excellent relationship with Civil Aviation. Here’s the big opening ceremony before we had the shed and paved runway (runway at that time was geo-textile). Sorry, no intent on hijacking the thread,just proud of our hobby! :rofl::tumbler_glass:

I’ve had the pleasure of flying my buddy’s Jet-turbine RC Heli at the Kitchener, Ontario flying field some years back. :smile:

1 Like

I dont see it as hijacking. I see it as keeping it alive when otherwise it would just fade away.

Well, one of the first things I made on my Crossfire last year is a part for the John Deer riding lawn mower at the field… :rofl:

And allows the rest of use to mute it from now on.

Yes it does. Wonderful option.

I know this post is kinda old, but I wanted to know if the pit has a bottom. Its a great looking design and I want to try it. Is this file on the fourm anywhere??

Hi OHejlYeah,

Yes it has a base. Just not really visible from the photos.
After a year of use I would probably either make this out of slightly thicker material (original one is 2mm) maybe 3 or 4mm or beef up the reeds.
Under heat is has bent a little as there isn’t much material on the reeds.

I only have the free version of F360 so can’t export to dxf. Happy to send you what I have thou.

1 Like

yes you can…look up fusion export file…you can…

Export DXF by right clicking on your sketch and then on “Save AS DXF”

You can can save and upload the Fusion 360 f3d file as well with these instructions Export f3d File and Post to Forum

1 Like

That fire box is awesome great job!