Firecontrol software issue

Hello I downloaded fire control to my laptop. It installed when I try to open the program it starts to open the closes. Give me a fault child process exited with code one. I removed it re installed. Exact same error code I am running windows 11 home

There are a bunch of posts about this problem. Search for one from August of 13 where Langmuir support describes the problem and solution in great detail.

Just search “Child Process”

Hey Jon,

Welcome to the Forum!

A “child process error” occurs when a subprocess created by a program (the “parent process”) runs into a problem that prevents it from completing its task. In the case of FireControl, the digital read-out and toolpath visualizer are examples of child processes. These errors can occur due to various reasons, such as insufficient system resources, hardware failures, or CPU driver issues.

We’ve become aware of a rare that can cause this error when trying to run FireControl; it seems a Windows update affected how the OS handles power efficiency, as it seems to have affected specifically power-efficient CPU models. What processor is your computer equipped with?

It’s worth noting that this issue is related to your computer, not a problem with the FireControl software itself. Child process errors are Windows OS-level CPU errors, not a FireControl error. That said, some users have been able able to resolve the issue by simply uninstalling and reinstalling FireControl, while others have found success by updating their CPU drivers or computer’s BIOS. Updating drivers and BIOS can be drastic steps, so it’s best to proceed with caution.
I recommend first trying a fresh FireControl installation:

1. Uninstall FireControl from your computer via the Control Panel.
  2. Delete the “.FireControl” folder, which is located at C:/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/.FireControl
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Reinstall FireControl.

If the issue persists, try again, this time installing the “compatibility” version of FireControl.

Check out this Forum post for more info:

2 Likes