Firecontrol not working

I get warning of child process exited with code 1

Me too.

No solution at this time.

FireControl is POS.
Some have blamed AMD processor, but error still occurs with Intel processors.

If you don’t need limit switches(and you really don’t), download and use version 20.6.2. it doesn’t suffer from any of the issues with version 21.5.

take a look at what I posted here…it may help

2 Likes

Hey Robb,

We’ve only have three reports of this issue on Intel processors - a very small percentage of total reports - and those Intel CPU models were also power-efficient variants. This issue stems from a recent Windows update that changed how the operating system handles power distribution.

1 Like

Hey Dave,

Check out this thread regarding the same Child Processes error that you’re getting:

In short, a “child process error” occurs when a subprocess created by a program (the “parent process”) runs into a problem that prevents it from completing its task. We’ve become aware of a rare issue with a recent Windows update that can cause this error when trying to run FireControl; it seems the update affected how the computer handles power efficiency, as it seems to have affected specifically power-efficient CPU models. It’s worth noting that this issue is related to the Windows operating system, not a problem with the FireControl software itself.

I recommend trying a fresh FireControl installation:

1. Uninstall FireControl from your computer via the Control Panel.
  2. Delete the “.FireControl” folder, which is typically located at the file path: C:/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/.FireControl
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Reinstall FireControl.
  5. If the issue persists, try again, this time installing the “compatibility” version of FireControl.
1 Like

so, is there a fix?
or what update to remove?

While some users have found success with these steps, others have not.

Some of the steps that I outlined - updating CPU drivers or updating the BIOS - are pretty drastic steps, both of which can irreparably damage the computer if not performed properly.

In the interest of centralizing information, let’s try to keep conversation regarding this issue in one thread: PSA: Regarding "Child Process exited with error code 1"

1 Like