FireControl Major issues- SOLVED

Yes IHS already cycles twice. That is why I asked if I had the current firmware already. But I’ll load it up and I prolly already have to do that now that all my post processed files are with sheetcam 1.6 v.

I’ll think about the extra motion board. I plan to get a work cpu and internet at my shop, so that would make for editing mistakes and such much easier. If I mess up a file then I have to come home and or wait till next day to fix it. That is why I like to check things at home if possible. Not a huge deal.

Post version 1.5 uses the double tap IHS cycle. Post 1.6 has the torch come down and then come back up once to the pierce height.

You do not have the new firmware and I strongly recommend that you flash it to your board.

Yes that what I plan to do. I just edited a bunch of my files with the 1.6 post processing.

Im going to update the firmware and try this today. Thanks

Hi Daniel , not to change the subject … But how is Firecam coming along? And rotate in Firecontrol? I know there not priority but was just currious. ConFusion sounds like its changing to where the free version is basically un usable. Im just a hobbiest and part time at that. I dont sell enough to even pay for a years subscription of Fusion. I have considered Sheetcam but first want to ask about Firecam progress. Thank you much. And sorry to jump in on this topic.

Installed new firmware, was pretty easy. Seems much more complicated by reading about it. Is there a video of how to do it? Might help others out.

I ran an average production run today. Cut some 1/4, 3/16, 1/8. About a few hours worth. Everything went pretty smooth. Only one time after letting FC set for a bit and started program, the space bar wouldn’t pause the run. So I had to do it via the FC and it paused. Other than that, if I could have more days like today I’d be very satisfied. Its so nice using this vs CF.

One thing I will be doing when I get time is making taller stansion plates. I have had quite a bit of parts almost hit the X axis bracing and or the back of the THC.

Thanks for all your help Daniel. Maybe next year you guys can launch the “industrial” version!!

Get sheetcam, you won’t regret it. I can program so much faster and also sheetcam using alot less Gcode to create files. Comes in handy when you are sifting through code. Confusion is soooo laggy and slow. Eventually it wouldn’t allow me to import my dxf files properly, so I was forced to get sheetcam. So many benefits to sheetcam really. Firecam sounds cool, first I heard of it.

I have no issues with ConFusion performance. Once you learn to look past the 100 things you can click on and just use whats needed its really pretty easy. I just cant justify paying 400-500 dollars a year for something I dont use much. Im more interested in Firecam. Sheetcam may be in the future depending on Fusion.

1 Like