UPDATED 10/7/21: A new version is ready for release with feedback from the community. Links below are updated for FireControl v21.1.1. This release also includes a compatibility version for Windows users for which the latest Visualizer code is not compatible (older graphics). The standard version will trigger a pop up that will prompt you to download the compatibility version if necessary so we recommend starting with the standard version! We hope to synchronize these into a single release soon.
- FireControl 21.1.1 Beta for Windows
- FireControl 21.1.1 Beta for Windows (Compatibility Version for older Graphics)
- FireControl 21.1.1 Beta for MacOS
Hi Langmuir Systems Forum Members-
We excited to be releasing FireControl 21.1 to the LS Community! As more and more customers are using their CrossFire CNC Machines for production work, we want to release new versions of our FireControl software to a smaller group before a larger general release. We are confident this is the best FireControl yet. What follows are download links and the 21.1 Release Notes. Please provide feedback in this thread!
Langmuir Systems is pleased to release the next version of FireControl for all CrossFire CNC Plasma Machines. Our development team has been working on this update for almost an entire year and we are excited to finally get it on your machines. The performance, stability, connectivity, and overall improved functionality will make using your CrossFire CNC Machine more effortless and smooth.
- Vastly Improved Performance - FireControl 21.1 uses drastically less memory and CPU than previous versions. Run FireControl smoothly on even less powerful computers. We have worked to reduce CPU and memory usage by up to 70% in some situations.
- Re-tooled Jogging - Jog your machine even smoother without any runaway motion.
- Improved UI Scaling - Automatically scales for fitting all UI elements on smaller screens.
- Consistent Style and Messaging - We have consolidated the warning, error, and alarm messaging in a consistent look and feel that is easier to read and understand.
- Improved Touchscreen Performance with On Screen Keyboard - Use a touchscreen even easier with your CrossFire with the adjustable On-Screen Keyboard for numerical entry.
- Support for Limit Switches - Add Limit Switches (when available from Langmuir Systems) to your machine to enable Machine Coordinates, Homing, Machine Visualizer View, and Hard/Soft Limits. Will also require CrossFire Gen2 Controller firmware update.
- Live Voltage with THC Off - Make debugging your Arc Voltage easier by showing THC Live Voltage even when the THC is disabled.
- High Priority Shortcut Generation - Ability to automatically generate a High Priority Shortcut to FireControl to increase the system resources dedicated to FireControl and improve performance even further.
- Other Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
- Default Support for Limit Switches - Stock Limit switches with the XR unlock new features like Machine Coordinates, Homing, Machine Visualizer View, and Hard/Soft Limits.
- Wait State for Plasma Voltage - Along with LS-THCXR Firmware and the XR Control Board, FireControl for CrossFire XR now uses a Pierce Delay that starts when a good arc voltage is sensed not when the command to fire is sent. This will make Pierce Delay values more consistent between plasma cutters like Hypertherm and others.
- Support for XR Speed - Support for 400IPM motion.
We will be monitoring this post so please post your feedback here!