We are pleased to announce the release of the latest version of FireControl (20.4). Our team has been hard at work improving our machine controller. These updates include many user submitted ideas we are excited about and hope you are too.
This release cycle was cut a bit short due to a desire to quickly release performance improvements so some promised features will be present in the next (20.5) release.
- Improved System Resource Use: Reduced CPU, GPU and memory usage while running with and without visualizer.
- Manual DRO Updating: Set current position to arbitrary value. Click on DRO value while Idle to set.
- Pierce Counter and Torch Time: Keep track of wear on consumables with resettable counter.
- Download Program: Download a rotated, scaled, or run-from-here program to run again.
- Visualizer Greyed Cut Paths: Paths that have been cut or moved through will turn to grey in the visualizer.
- Bug Fixes:
- Unwarranted ‘Duplicate G-code’ and ‘Numeric Value’ errors no longer triggered by controller buffer overruns on valid programs.
- Moves during Soft Resets no longer losing Zero position.
- Other minor improvements.