Fire Pit crossfire pro

@ChelanJim you are older then the internet!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like

@Eagle3248 or @Manderson1982

These are broken down and sized to cut on Crossfire PRO table. Please check sizes and cut at your own risk. Everything looks good to me but metal isn’t cheap so do some test cuts and make sure you have it dialed in before all these detailed cuts. If i was going to cut this i would make each panel on the box my max cut size. The below DXF are around 23.5" for each panels in box. The difference in 23" to say 31" would make a big deal in end result. It also might hurt the pocket book a little more but the cool factor is worth it. You might want to consider using like 11ga for bottom and like 14 or 16ga steel for box. You could just weld in thicker steel for the bottom of the firepit areas. This just depends how much fabrication skills you have. I might have to make up my own design and cut on my new XR when it arrives end of next month. I modified a $50 clearance firepit to be smokeless around xmas but that can go to my cabin on the lake. This one is cool idea!

@ds690 You can thank David for making these work today.

Firepit 1.dxf (1.9 MB)
Firepit 2.dxf (2.0 MB)
Firepit 3.dxf (1.1 MB)
Firepit 4.dxf (82.5 KB)
Firepit 5.dxf (80.9 KB)

3 Likes

You are RIGHT! I looked it up: Internet was started Oct. 1969 and became public in April 30, 1993.
I bought a Commodore 64 for $600 and added the floopy drive for $400. The floppy drive held, if I remember correctly, 80 Kb of information. That $1000 could have paid for 15% of a new car back then in Jan. 1982. And, we could barely afford it. That is what I am talking about with a supportive wife.

3 Likes

Well I couldn’t handle Fusion coming up short.

I recreated this Firepit to be a 16" cube (15.5)

It is 3 pcs (down from 12 pcs ) the can to easily folded before welding.

16 inch circut board firepit cube stand.dxf (11.0 KB)
16 inch circut board firepit cube.dxf (697.6 KB)

Click this Link for a Viewable 3d model :arrow_up:

Made for 1/8" materials.

The cube fits on 1 32x48 sheet

The stand fit on part of 32x48 sheet

Warning I have not cut one out yet so there maybe errors.

I could do a larger size closer to the original the would be 4 pcs and still cutable on the cross fire pro if anyone is interested.

3d circut board firepit v4

This has never been cut or tested for real so downloader beware.

5 Likes

I like your design a lot better than original. bigger is better for firepit.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=castaway+fire+scene&&view=detail&mid=37BD48D01EF545A74A7737BD48D01EF545A74A77&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcastaway%20fire%20scene%26qs%3Dn%26form%3DQBVR%26%3D%25eManage%20Your%20Search%20History%25E%26sp%3D-1%26ghc%3D1%26lq%3D0%26pq%3Dcastaway%20fire%20scene%26sc%3D1-19%26sk%3D%26cvid%3D6052B1D9867B4034AA02C2213FA34A73%26ghsh%3D0%26ghacc%3D0%26ghpl%3D

3 Likes

Because there is so much interest in fire pits I thought it would be a good idea to start a “contest” to get a few more designs posted to fire share.

There is currently 7 fire pit designs on fireshare.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/search?q=Firepit

3 Likes

sweet…i like it

That is very cool!

Were you able to find and correct the mistakes in Fusion?

Nope, I recreated that file from scratch.

I’m really hoping someone actually cuts it out and builds it. I’d like to see how it turns out.

2 Likes

I like it alot. I just might do it. I need to check with the boss. Not really looking to make a shelf piece for the garage…if you know what I mean!

2 Likes

My idea was to make it in 16ga and just double up or make insert of the bottom of the firepit design. You can remove that design which will allow you to work on it in fusion better. throw a few big bucks or bears on it and you have a winner!

Not what i’m going to do but really easy and people would love it.

1 Like

It does present as a great template. :clap:
Thanks @TinWhisperer

1 Like

Here is the bigger version 23.25 x 23.25. very close to the original design size. 4 pcs (instead of 12 in the og) to be bend and formed into the cube and 3-sided pyramid (tetrahedron)

To be made of 1/8"

4 pcs each one takes most of a 32 x 48 sheet

large circut firepit Langmuir pro 4 of 4.dxf (13.2 KB)
large circut firepit Langmuir pro 3 of 4.dxf (160.3 KB)
large circut firepit Langmuir pro 2 of 4.dxf (332.8 KB)
large circut firepit Langmuir pro 1 of 4.dxf (332.9 KB)

Here is a file for 1 4x8 sheet

Large circut board fire pit 4 x 8 sheet.dxf (706.9 KB)

3d circut board firepit larger v6 (1)

5 Likes

show off there Tin…hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Isn’t he, though!!!

I am guessing you don’t bend that by beating it with a hammer over the edge of the workbench?!

1 Like

No , you could likely bend it by hand. Each fold has two very small 3/16 tabs on the bend line.

At least then it’s accessible to fabricate for those who don’t have a brake.

1 Like

But I like using hammers. That is what my father-in-law taught me.

I once helped him replace a fuel filter in the carburetor and ended up needing a hammer. He also ended up stripping all the threads inside the carburetor and using a fix-all jb-weld type stuff to cement the filter casing in place. He used some very colorful language that day.

I did see those bend tabs. Saw them in the smaller version. I am now trying to work on my rocket stove and may use that design with the bend tabs.

3 Likes

Rocket firepit idea…lol

3 Likes

Actually these are two ideas that I am considering:
Or:

5 Likes

Well I cant leave well enough alone, I could not stop thinking about this modification the circuit board cube fireplace.

Now here it is. Added patterns to both the small and large cube stands.

Enjoy.

firepit size comparsion v3

![3d circut board firepit larger v11|584x460]

15 5 BASE CIRCUT CUBE FIREPIT.dxf (101.8 KB)
32 25 BASE CIRCUT CUBE FIREPIT.dxf (114.4 KB)

3d circut board firepit larger v11

7 Likes