Fire control keeps freezing

Hello everyone not sure what happen. I am new to the fire control and crossfire I I it to work last night and slowly figuring it out . The next morning it wouldn’t let me load post g code files it just gets stuck on the generating visualization part and never shows up again just stays there for hours …

I have even Uninstall all the programs and re did them all over again and still continues to do the same thing …

Can Anyone help me please …

Can you provide some more details about your computer? OS? Graphics driver?
You were successfully running programs previously and now cannot?
If this is a graphics issue, can you load the program with the visualizer turned off?

I would recommend trying the latest version (which will prompt you to install the compatibility version for incompatible graphics if necessary) but if your graphics are sufficiently out of date it will not help.

hi i am having the same problem after loading latest firecontrol (21.1.4)and graphics compatibility. i had no issues with previous version(20.6.2).
here is what my computer is;

Device name Dell-Admin
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-3540M CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID DF7112C8-7ECD-4859-A420-AB7F1C9FF844
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA633
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

intel graphics hd 4000

Any thoughts.
Thank you,

Hi, Iam having the same problem as trailerguy after loading latest firecontrol (21.1.4) I had no issues with previous version(20.6.2). I downloaded the newest version so I can get the limit switch kit. machine will jog with about a 10 second delay on screen fault indicated I needed an graphics card capable of open GL3.0+ google search show my card capable of GL4.0.
here is what my computer is;

Dell laptop latitude E5530
13-3110 CPU 2.4 Ghz
8Gb ram
windows 10 pro 2/12/21
graphics card is an intel HD 4000 driver is 10.18.10.4425

Anyone having similar problems?
Thanks

When FireControl is installed, it creates a separate folder on your C: drive for settings and configuration files. This folder is not altered or removed between installations, so your settings and preferences are consistent between updates; a side affect of this is that any issue that stem from that folder would remain between installations. I would try uninstalling FireControl, deleting that folder, then reinstalling the latest version from our Downloads Page.

1. Uninstall FireControl from your computer via the Control Panel.
  2. Delete the “.FireControl” folder, which is typically located at the file path: C:/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/.FireControl
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Reinstall FireControl.
  5. If the issue persists, try again, this time installing the “compatibility” version of FireControl.

If this doesn’t help, reach out to support@langmuirsystem.com and mention me in the email, I’ll be happy to help you in-depth over there!

1 Like

Thanks, I have removed and reinstalled the software. I went much better this time, the first time it didn’t seem to install correctly. It seems to function properly now although I haven’t had time to test it out completely. Also installed the new Z axis assembly I received from you guys hopefully that fixes the other issues I have been having. thanks!