Finishing cut in sheetcam

I have looked and searched and I can’t find it. read about finishing cuts yesterday where it kind of cut a little past the entry point to smooth things out. I cannot for the life of me figure out where to find that in sheetcam. I am sure it is something stupid easy. I just do not know what it is. I have a tiny part in 1/4" steel that would benefit from that. Do not seem to need it with sheet metal but thicker stuff seems like it may work.

Rob, are you talking about this part when you create an operation in Sheetcam?

1 Like

It is in the Jet Cutting operation screen in the “overcut” field.

Don’t make it very long, or it will damage your part by continuing to cut after the part falls out.

2 Likes

Not on this questions but it is on my list of things to learn about.

Is this what you are talking about? It just mentions corners.

The issue I am having is I am cutting out a very small part out of 1/4 steel, it is only a 1/4" thick and there is a big bump at the entry and exit…

No. That is for making dog bone type cuts in internal corners, so tab and slot things fit together.

This is what I’m talking about

2 Likes

DOH! I looked 20 times. It must have been hiding with some of my other tools. I really prefer Sheetcam to Fusion 360. Thank you.

1 Like

Probably no more than your kerf width.

2 Likes

thanks, I set it for a very small small amount. there was just a little tiny bump there I would rather not have to post process by hand. I’ll do some research on what the other two on the right do.

Im extremely happy with this machine, I just made a couple of very small prototype parts that there is no way I could have made without the machine and I was able to do it in what I think is a pretty short amount of time. Did not even know how to turn it on when I got it. Thanks again for the assistance. I am having a ton of fun with this thing and the possibilities are end less. I have used my plasma cutter more in the last two weeks than I did in the last two years.

2 Likes

“Overcut internal corners” does this. It cuts a notch into each corner, so that you don’t have a rounded internal corner. This makes it much easier to fit a square cut tab into a slot.

3 Likes

Ah brilliant, That way I won’t have to overcut holes to insert 3/16 or 1/2 square stock into a base. I have an application for that, I thought I would have to take a file. May still yet because I want to make it super tight and weld from the bottom so it is not seen.

1 Like