FFL07 looking to make AR15 lowers & pistol slides

I am a legal firearms dealer who can also manufacture firearms, and a friend of mine told me about this company, and has anyone made an AR15 lower, pistol slides or any other firearm parts? If so, what machine do you have and or recommend?

hmmm plasma cut firearms?

Hello Knick, not plasma. From what I am seeing on this website, it’s machined parts. I am seeing it can do engine parts, so I’m wondering if it can do gun parts. I’m just gathering info before I go down the rabbit hole, and start saving for a machine like this. I don’t exactly have an extra 6k lying around.

Oh Ok you might want to move this to the MR-1 area.

1 Like

Thank you Knick.

I moved the thread to the MR-1 category.

2 Likes

You can absolutely use this machine for that purpose. Check out the “2A Part Picker” group on Facebook that’s mostly centered around the ghost gunner machine, but they have an MR1 discussion group.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I appreciate everyone responding so quickly.

Luv my ability to machine parts and the MR-1 but if I was a business making precision parts at any production level…would spend the money on a machine that can hold .0002 and ATC. This can be a finicky machine trying to maintain.001 much less ten thousands of an inch. It’s slow in a production environment. It’s geared towards a hobbyist. There will be down time if machine hours are important. My 2 cents…

2 Likes

That is good to know. I have already found doing some minor machining that the thousandth of inches matter greatly. Do you happen to know, and can you share the name of the maching that would fit my needs? Not to take anything away from Langmuir.

There are several brands with different price points that would be considered industrial. Milltronics, Tormach…a couple of them but plenty of others. The price reflects the ability. Almost all major manufacturers have a small, start up type machines. Would suggest to define your requirements then reach out to a rep. They will be able to tell you straight up of they have a machine that meets your requirements. List should include power, size/space, price, tolerances, training, support, ACT, coolant, spindle size, HP, torque, collet…etc etc. All of these will help pin point the machine you need. Could start with a drawing of extreme case of part size, material, tolerances and quantity. That would be a good start to defining your requirements.

2 Likes

Wow, lots of info. Thank you. It gives me a better direction to go in.