Feature request channel

I want to edit this to add everyones stuff but it wont let me edit the post anymore is that normal thing or maybe I just cant find it?

I know it’s been said, but adding to it.

Selecting a shape of holes, adding size and cutting it would be awesome.
Squared and circles

I have done some deep research into the “Latching Jog Button” issue and found a cure.
When you press a jog button hold it and slide your finger off of the button (still pressing) until you get where you want then release it.
That is PRESS, SLIDE, RELEASE.
The operating system sees that sequence of movements as a cancel event and “unpresses” the button.

Maybe not the most intuitive solution, but better than having to remember to press the button a second time.

What is a welding coupon? Like a sample piece?

Yes, usually for testing settings and practice.

Yep and usually looks & sized like a paper coupon for the grocery store :slight_smile:

You can get different sizes (& materials) and they’re good for practicing. Super helpful when I was learning to Tig weld.

You can buy them from welding supply and training companies. But you’ve got a plasma cutter - you can program up your own and cut a pile of them from sheet goods. Or keep a tap file on your machine to use on that skeleton scrap that otherwise tends to accumulate.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the duty cycle displayed somewhere, maybe along side elapsed time and pierce count? This might help folks know how hard they’re pushing the plasma cutter.

the langmuir system does not have a duty cycle…only the plasma has a duty cycle…and from what I know most if any plasma machines do not have duty cycle output to monitor.

1 Like

I think perhaps he’s hoping for the software to calculate the duty cycle of the program based on the arc-on time. You could then compare that to what your plasma cutter is set at to make sure you’re not pushing it past its capabilities.

2 Likes

@noboost4you, when I want to nest a single program I use manual nest. At the end the program before M30 I insert G0 Z2. (if you have THC) and then G0 X0.Y0. . This way I am at the original 00. I can then manual nest and have the torch start where I want it to. i tried to nest without 00 and lost some material because it shifted from the end point of my program and not the original 00.
I do not know if this is what you are looking for but it may help.
If Langmuir added all the extras that we would like to see we may not be able to afford the machine. All are good ideas. A soft ware limit would be great; it would eliminate most limit crashes. In the CrossFire control have G54 set with the table size, so when you power up you will jog the torch to the lower left corner and getting as close to the stops as possible (resting against them) you will toggle X0 and Y0. . In their software the control will read G54 not to exceed X47.75 and Y32.75 from this location. This will establish Machine Zero. Now in the Post Process there would have to be a G92 to set a floating 0. When Post Processed the first line will be G92 to set the floating 0. The control will calculate G92=G54- ( the distance that you moved the torch). So the control will not let the program exceed the balance of the first movement. If you moved 2" X+ and Y+ it will not let the torch move past X45.75 and Y30.75 . You will need a G12 to clear the floating 0. I think I said this right? If the control will accept parametric programming this should be fairly simple. I think? It has been along time since I have worked with parameters. “It sounds good”
Then again I may be all wet!! I tried…

Would it not be simpler to just have a machine 0,0 and a cut 0,0? I think they have mentioned having limit switches in the future so if that were the case and they allowed us to home, set the machine 0,0 then it would know like you are saying not to go past a certain x,y distance and then hopefully if you did a cut 0,0 that would make it run out of space it would populate a warning. Personally, I love homing sequences and would love to be able to put limit switches. If only they let us beta test software and rewrite aspects haha

2 Likes

It would be convenient to be able to relocate the zero. Maybe this is possible but I haven’t figured it out yet. If I rotate a design to make it fit my material, the zero that is designed in is no where near the edge of the part like it was when I took it from sheetcam. The un rotated part has the zero adjacent to the part but when i rotate it 90 degrees the zero is 6 inches way in both x an y. Am I missing some feature that I should know about?

if I am not mistaken you can use FireControl…and click the set program origin
this will allow you to relocate the start point of “zero”

1 Like

AHHH, didn’t see that. Thanks. When I scaled a drawing, a dialog box came up to move the program origin, but not when I rotated. That should fix the issue for me. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

that is why we are all here…we help each other…just remember to jump in and help in the future…

1 Like

Ability to lower torch while paused in “Dry Run” mode.

1/32 nudge. That’s about half a kerf width. Would be useful when trying to account for offset when recreating program zero after a FireControl crash/loss of zero.

Could a z home using ihs be added as a separate function and add z soft limits. Down limit could be x amount of travel passed ihs switch. This would help from getting ihs tab locked up in the z motor coupler.

I think it has been mentioned, but the ability to edit G-code would be great as well as an MDI feature.
Just like every other CNC machine!!! Pretty Please?

I was cutting this perforated plate today and noticed a couple FireControl issues.

Here are a few FireControl v21.1.5 quirks

1. “Go To Work Zero” doesn’t move Z up before moving at full rapid. It should move Z up like most CNC equipment does.

2. When I set THC Control off, it should stay off. Its automagically re-enabled every time I exit Dry Run, Set Program Origin, Reloading job file, etc.

3. When I set an Override, it should remain at that setting. Reloading a job file and ‘reseting’ a job, automagically sets overrides back to 100%. On a milling machine, Feed Override is typically a knob that operator can easily set and it stays there until the operator decides to change it, not the machine.

4. After loading a tap/nc file, there should be a clear indication that program origin should be set. Change the “Set Program Origin” to blinking is an idea.

Other than that, the rest of FireControl works great. My XPro is a reliable shop workhorse. Thanks LS.

6 Likes