Feature request channel

I would like FC to function on a touch screen the way it does with a mouse.
Continuous Jog:
mouse - jogs until you release the left click. As I would expect.
touch - keeps jogging after you remove your finger. Have to re-touch to stop jog. Big PITA.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s something touch screens can do. They register touch downs & releases or a long touch. I donā€™t think thereā€™s an OS that lets the programmer know that youā€™re holding past the long-press event. Itā€™s not like a keyboard thatā€™s making a physical electrical connection. But thatā€™s why you donā€™t have long-press actions on keyboards the way you do on touch screen soft keyboards that allow you to pick variants of letters on a long touch.

1 Like

Can I ask in what language CF is written?

1 Like

neTouchePasdianā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m good with the G00 function only, lol. Especially if Iā€™m cutting multiples of the same program one right after another and didnā€™t bother to program a nest, I can nest really good if I could input G00 to get the torch exactly where I need it.

TomWS - Say what??

Sorry, my poor attempt at sarcasm. They donā€™t want us touching the code so we donā€™t know what itā€™s written inā€¦

1 Like

Got it.
I am hoping to show how to make the touch screen work like the mouse when jogging.
Not much hope if I donā€™t know in what language FC is written.

Java. But most of the logic is on the board itself.

Not the user interface and I think thatā€™s what we mostly have an interest in. Is it really Java? That is interesting.

Take a look at this:

1 Like

nest multiple programs into a single cutting operation

1 Like

I would love to see short cut keys to zero xyz axis and a zero shortcut so I can program my Xbox controller to do these functions.

3 Likes

I would like a splash screen or some indication it is starting as I normally start at least 2 instances of the program because I canā€™t tell if the first click was successful.

3 Likes

It would also be nice if the program warns you if you have not positioned the torch head at 0, 0 before you hit ā€˜Startā€™.

4 Likes

LOL! Is this one of those DAMHIKT feechurs!?

UPDATE: I suppose I SHOULD add, that I have had MANY of those! DAMHM!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great.
How about adding limit and homing switches?

3 Likes

Are soft limits and a home feature coming anytime soon? This is a huge lacking feature from mach. This would make it so if you hit the end you would not lose your zero. I would also think it but easier on the machine by avoiding crashing the end

I would like to second a couple features others mentioned before:

Being able to enter an X/Y coordinate and then it travels there at the jog speed selected from its current position. Also, a circle cutting feature with maybe future upgrade to circular patterns, as well as a squares/rectangle feature

FireControl is so awesome, it was one of my deciding factors in Langmuir. From how new it is and how great it is so far Iā€™m looking forward to what the future holds, great job Langmuir!

2 Likes

I second the need for a circle and rectangle cutting and also being able to pattern themā€¦ need a way to chop up all the extra scraps from these cuts into usable stuff like welding coupons

2 Likes