Feature request channel

what is MDI?

So I thougt about this more… totally doable. In my head this is how it would work. you move the torch to one corner and call that your 00 the soft limiter will then remember that is 00. Then you go about your day and the “Go to Zero” button ill be a layer on top of that. Then the table not only knows where its at in relation to your part but when you start your cut it will warn you “you’re going to hit some limits if you perform this cut”… Now that would be kinda slick

1 Like

Manual Data Input, a standard feature with Mach 3 and most other CNC Control SW I’ve seen/used. With it you can enter any valid G-Code command so not only can you type in G0 X13 Y5, you can preface it with a G91 command so the movement is incremental…

1 Like

Some of you guys make me feel soooooo stupid.

2 Likes

Ah cool thanks, yes that would be nice

I would like FC to function on a touch screen the way it does with a mouse.
Continuous Jog:
mouse - jogs until you release the left click. As I would expect.
touch - keeps jogging after you remove your finger. Have to re-touch to stop jog. Big PITA.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s something touch screens can do. They register touch downs & releases or a long touch. I don’t think there’s an OS that lets the programmer know that you’re holding past the long-press event. It’s not like a keyboard that’s making a physical electrical connection. But that’s why you don’t have long-press actions on keyboards the way you do on touch screen soft keyboards that allow you to pick variants of letters on a long touch.

1 Like

Can I ask in what language CF is written?

1 Like

neTouchePasdian…

1 Like

I’m good with the G00 function only, lol. Especially if I’m cutting multiples of the same program one right after another and didn’t bother to program a nest, I can nest really good if I could input G00 to get the torch exactly where I need it.

TomWS - Say what??

Sorry, my poor attempt at sarcasm. They don’t want us touching the code so we don’t know what it’s written in…

1 Like

Got it.
I am hoping to show how to make the touch screen work like the mouse when jogging.
Not much hope if I don’t know in what language FC is written.

Java. But most of the logic is on the board itself.

Not the user interface and I think that’s what we mostly have an interest in. Is it really Java? That is interesting.

Take a look at this:

1 Like

nest multiple programs into a single cutting operation

1 Like

I would love to see short cut keys to zero xyz axis and a zero shortcut so I can program my Xbox controller to do these functions.

3 Likes

I would like a splash screen or some indication it is starting as I normally start at least 2 instances of the program because I can’t tell if the first click was successful.

3 Likes

It would also be nice if the program warns you if you have not positioned the torch head at 0, 0 before you hit ‘Start’.

4 Likes