Extending the length of the Thc output voltage cable

My Plasma cutter is about 5ft away from where the table is, since I will be mounting the thc control box on the plasma cutter, can I buy a male/female extension cable so the cable will reach the control box and if so is it just a 8mm plug on the control box.

1 Like

I meant to reach the controller on the table.

My cable broke on one end, so I found a power supply that had the same connector and cut it off with about 2 or 3 foot extra of wire. I soldered it together and it has worked so far

2 Likes

Anyone else done this without issue? I’m looking to extend mine about 10-15ft.

Haven’t tried it but did ask Langmuir support about it because I would like to move my plasma cutter a little farther away from my table to clean things up. They suggested it wasn’t good idea. Could cause issues with the voltages for the THC. So I haven’t. If I’m feeling in a devil may care mood one day I might see how it goes because I do have an extension cable :grinning:

Yes working fine. Don’t get cheap cable. Shielded if possible.

1 Like

This is the answer I was looking for, thanks

I use these to extend the torch on/off and THC cables. Been using them for the past 2 years now on the pro.

DC 12V Power Adapter Extension Cord Cable 10ft (3m) 18AWG 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male to Female Plug for CCTV Security Surveillance Wireless IP Cameras, DVR, LED Light Strip, Max Load 10A https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083M59PJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R4X87X3BS3AMZ9D45F7Z

1 Like

Thanks I was looking at those but didn’t want to wait. Ended up running about 20ft of shielded wire soldered and heat wrapped to the supplied plug ends. Hopefully cutting today or tomorrow so we’ll see how it works out!

2 Likes