Expanded table to almost 4foot

Did the long tubes of the frame warp at all with the middle support tubes welded on? I’m totally doing this once I have more shop space, as I’ve had to cut numerous parts in pieces now because they wouldn’t fit the table.

Yeah… they bowed up jus a lil bit… But the stainless rail is still flat. When I make the water table I’m gonna shim the ends and get it flat/parallel to the gantry.

imageimage little closer, waiting on a pillow block. Tested the long 1/2” lead screw… no whip. So far, so good

4 Likes

So are you going to keep the two foot x-axis travel and have over 4 foot of y-axis travel? This project looks awesome I want to see how it works out maybe I can do the same sometime!!!

Gonna extend X a lil bit and have a bearing extended from gantry to rail on table frame so it won’t sag too much After polishing the stainless I got and the zinc plated stuff it came with I will definitely replace both with stainless… way smoother

1 Like

Short video showing it run this pattern. Still fine tuning the pillow block and lead screw. Will cut 52.5”x 25.5” at the moment… will be 52.5”x30.5” when I’m done with x axis.

5 Likes

Cool!! Looks like it will be a good runner.

1 Like

Thanks for the input and help … The 1/2" screw was perfect.

Are you getting a little lead screw whip? It sounds like it’s shaking on those faster Y axis runs

yeah, the pillow block is jus clamped in place. im making heavier mounts and putting a block on both ends so there’s no pressure on the motor. Flexible coupler under pressure at the moment, think that’s part of the issue.

2 Likes

Would you mind posting a picture of your pillow block after it’s in place?

Will do… should be done by Friday

1 Like

This is awesome. Can’t wait until I have more space! 100% making mine bigger

Looks awesome, like the idea to make the axis move up incase you want to cut tubing. My one question is what did you do to extend the parallel port wire thing that connects from CNC to the motor?

I’m pretty sure those are just VGA connectors so you can buy VGA extension cords

Pretty sure they are standard serial DB9. Super common old school not so much these days. People like me have piles of them. Comm ports area things of the past DB9 and DB25.

Still playing with mounting ideas for fun

5 Likes

What wall thickness is the tube?

.12 on 6ft y axis
.60 on 40” x axis

No flex on either

1 Like

minimal 1/8"

messagetooshort