Everlast rear pinned socket connection

I think they are used on any cnc table. The table needs to know when the real arc fired and its ok to move. Ok will try to figure it out with try and error:)

They are not. The THC voltage is used on Langmuir tables and other popular THC controllers, such as THC03T, to detect a usable arc.

1 Like

Firecontrol definitely does not use “ok to move” signal.

You said you are using an Arduino. Is this on a Langmuir table or something else?

Its a single axis custom made system I build. I just need to cut a lot of 7 and 3 inch pieces out of big sheets. I have it working but cuts are still horrible and the arc would not start after one cut as the consumable was worn out. So I assume it did try to cut with just the pilot arc and my speed was maybe to fast.

Looking to find some good info about nozzle size, amps and cutting speed for different thicknesses. Also from all what I read pin 9 and 10 seems to be a simple relay dry switch. I will put an ohm meter on an check. If that is the case I just add it to my Arduino code to not move until that switch is closed.

Do you have a pierce delay in your setup? You’ll need that and that can be used to control the start of cut movement.

YOU COULD use those signals to control your system, I’m just telling you that it’s not used on any CNC PC on this forum.

The thing you’d have to find out is the nature of that signal coming out of the Plasma Cutter so you can create an input level shifter/isolator to hook into an Arduino GPIO.

Maybe @mechanic416 or @TinWhisperer has the schematic for your cutter.

I have this working, but now my torch broke :frowning: I started a new thread here

If you could help for this issue too, it would be great.

Some Everlast machines have a 2T4T switch like the 50S, like mine.

I agree with toolboy use CNC pins 1&2 for torch fire but get raw voltage not CNC port divided.

2 Likes