Everlast Power Plasma 82i (two month review)

I’m running a 50 amp breaker with 6 gauge wire

2 Likes

Same. Drop one of these into a double fixture box, run a 2+ground 6 guage wherever you want it.

Leviton 5374-S00 50 Amp, 250 Volt, Flush Mounting Receptacle, Straight Blade, Industrial Grade, Grounding, Black, 1-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8SKDY4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_6WK8BR0HANNMC1WDV1SE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Actually, I probably should have phrased the question differently. I had just finished wiring the garage with a subpanel and, among others, a NEMA 6-50 outlet and 6/3 wire running to it. I appreciate both of you confirming I hadn’t screwed that up :slight_smile:

with the 1.2mm tip did you change your ipm or just your amperage. I am running pretty close to your same numbers and I was going to order more 1.3mm tips but I did not see any on everlast website… all I saw was 1.2mm

this is were I get my consumables for my 82i IPT80 / IPTM80 /PT80 plasma cut torch consumables / electrode / tips ( – PowerEdge Cutter

If you use the 1.3mm tip you’ll want to bump the power up to 75 to 80 amps so that you get a more parallel cut. If you go from a 1.2 to 1.3 and are still cutting the same thickness then you should increase your IPM by about 20% (current IPM X 1.2)

2 Likes

Maybe this will help you out.

1.0 = 50 amp, 1.1 = 60 amp, 1.2 = 70 amp and 1.3 = 80 amp

@Richarddbeck83 i know this is an old post…but i was just discussing this topic on another forum…i agree those tiny pins are a nightmare to solder…and to top it off i had the exact same experience with the polarity being wrong…i followed the pin out instructions from here on the forum i believe.i thought i misinterpreted them however after reading your experience just now i wonder if the schematic might be misleading also wonder how many people stopped and just went to raw voltage after either screwing up the pins or failing to realize the polarity was preventing things from working?

Hooked mine up to raw voltage from day 1.
Awesome plasma cutter. Hasn’t skipped a beat since.

3 Likes