Everlast Plasma Users

Ok I have a new Everlast 60S on the way. Just wondering what size nozzles everyone is using? I’m going to mainly be cutting 1/8” and thinner. Thanks in advance.

@oneupperformance is a great person to chime in.

2 Likes

Your 1/8” I would suggest the 1.1mm tips. That’s what I have been using for pretty much anything from 35 amps and up. Under 35 amps, I use .8mm

1 Like

Here is some 1/8” and 3/16 steel cut using the 1.1mm tips on the 50s

2 Likes

Thanks those cuts look really good. I’m upgrading from a Razorweld 30.

1 Like

Then you will not be disappointed

Nice cuts. Clean and straight.

1 Like

I think you convinced me to buy the 50s. Have you tried 3/16’s 304 stainless? I think stainless and 1/4 aluminum is the only problematic thing I would ever cut but it would mostly be 3/16 cold rolled that I would use it for. that did really nice job on your stuff.

1 Like

I have not cut any 3/16 stainless yet. 1/8” aluminum is mainly what I cut 95% of the time. You can check out my Instagram 1up_fabrication and I have a few videos of me cutting and pulling aluminum pieces off the table.

I can tell you how I got a 60S for $1000 shipped if you are interested. The 50S are out of stock.

One upper what are your settings for 1/8” aluminum? I’ve got some to cut as soon as I get mine.

1 Like

1.1 mm tip, 40 amps, 120ipm, 1sec pierce delay.

1 Like

Sure if you k ow where the nest is that would be helpful, thanks

Sure looks like you get nice results from it.

1 Like

They are some good cuts, but why 60 amp tips at 40 amps on a 50 amp plasma cutter?

1 Like

The seller doesn’t offer a 1.0mm tip, and I’m not making any fine detai cuts on material that thick so the 60a tips work just fine.

Well let me know when you want the right tips I carry them all for the IPT60 torch from 0.65mm (20amp) to 1.1mm 60 amp shielded, unshield, CNC

4 Likes

Oneupperperformance i just got the Razorweld30i welp it crapped out on me wont fire but when it did it would only fire when it wanted to most of the time it wouldnt i seen u said u have the 50s any problems with it

Watson I just got an Everlast 60S and have made a half dozen cuts and it’s never missed a beat. I also have the Razorweld 30i and it was always cutting out during a project. If you are interested in an Everlast message me I just got mine for $1000 including shipping. I’ll give you my contact. The 50s is out of stock.

Actually now that I’m about to get everything ordered I see were I can get an 80s for not much more than the 60s. The only trouble is it might draw too much current for my wireing. The power company is going to put in 575 volt 3 phase for us into the shop but that might not be until late fall. This one comes with a different torch I wonder if it would still fit the torch holder?