Everlast experiences

Well, wasted 70$ on these shielded consumables. This garbage coudln’t even cut 2 sheets of material today. My hyp xp30 can cut over 20 sheets bf I have to change tips. sending the everlast back, been nothing but a headache every time I used it.

lots of info here but your 60s came with a 1.2 in the torch?

Yes i’m pretty sure. I then ordered shielded consumables also from link above. Brand new tip didn’t last more than 20 min of cutting.

I have two Everlast 80s and am extremely happy with them. One I used free hand around on jobs that come into welding & mechanical repair shop, and the other I have it permanently on CNC plasma burn table.
I’ve had zero trouble with either of them and both run about 3-4 hrs a day… five days a week…They continue to exceed my expectations on a daily basis for over 1 1/2 years in a industrial shop enviroment.

I just ordered the 50S on Everlasts Black Friday deals. Looking forward to giving it a go. One questions i have for the people that have the 50s’s is what size are compressor do you have hooked to it? I am thinking I may need to upgrade my compressor.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m using a 60 gallon Quincy and it keeps up with cutting without any issues

Thank you. Do you think I could get away with with a 30 gal?

1 Like

What’s the cfm rating

5.0 cfm or better. The web site says 25 gallons or more, and 72 to 75 psi cutting pressure.

I’m using a Craftsman 33gal vertical compressor with a 50s… On longer cuts, it will kick in but keeps up with the cutting… Pressure remains the same at the cutter. I’ve run 3/4" copper pipe for cooling and ending up with 3/8" hose where needed… Works pretty well…

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I have gone ahead and pulled the trigger on a 60gal 3.7 HP compressor. It was on sale and I had gift cards so I couldn’t resist haha

2 Likes

Have a Everlast 62i . Run the THC with raw voltage dont waste your time with the 50:1. I cut 18 guage cold rolled at 180 in/min with no consumables being used at 30 amps and 85 lbs. air pressure. I couldnt ask for a nicer cut with no consumables being used for a very long time.It just took me a while to dial it in.It also cuts 18 guage aluminum at 200 in/min like a laser.

85psi wow, that’s almost to the point of blowing the flame out at 30 amps.

I don’t think the 62 I will let the torch fire at that psi it has a built in safety for to low or to high air pressure

2 Likes

I agree with Timbertiger. 77-78 psi will trip the Everlast on pressure, at least in my experience.

1 Like

I could do a long write up about how I feel but this short videos says it all. I have had my Everlast for years. https://youtu.be/k1LvtS7RrVo?si=P1vSFSLAFzrztAvt

1 Like