Everlast experiences

Getting alot closer to getting a 50s with machine torch. Any of you Everlast guys have anything new to add? Pros ? cons? . I know its not the best. but far from the worst. I just do general cutting. 14g , 16g. Currently Im using a viper 30i with the table, And a shopiron 30 for free hand. Planning for the future you might say. Any and all imput appriciated. Thanks in advance.

I of course don’t know how money is looking for ya, but I’d spend the couple extra Benjamins and get a 60s. It’s what I did

Hi, Is the 60s what you ended up getting? if so Is it working good on a 50 amp circut? Im wired now for 50 Amp Is why im asking. Thanks for the reply. Yea you got it lol sorry . Are you running on a 50 amp circut?

Yes, I did get the 60 and yes I’m on a 50 amp circuit, I believe the max inrush amperage is only about 38-39 amps so we’re still well within our circuits limitations.

Still do a lot of material on the thinner side but will be doing some 3/8” plate hopefully tomorrow and will update on its performance

Awsome. not being a electrician . dont really want to upgrade 40 foot of everything to where its at in the shop.

1 Like

Same here, I was going to go with the 80s till I saw that I’d have to upgrade the circuit

I misspoke, looks like it’s 41 max inrush amps, still well within

guess i could move it by the breaker box… If i need to but like it off in the back corner

Why move it by the breaker panel?

If I need to upgrade from 50 amp I meant. I can sit it right beside it .

Ah, you should be just fine. I think it only sits at the Max inrush range for just a second or 2 at a time and then drops back down to a running amperage of 32.4. I haven’t had any problems on my 50 amp circuit

1 Like

Worse case im thinnking is move it. So yea 60s making sense. Never really thought 50 was enough but reading the thread Im thinking it will be just fine. Turned down some 1/2 inch plate cuttin from a welding shop because lack of plasma cutter.

So… Anyone have anything bad to say about them?

Does anyone have cut speeds for the Everlast 60s? ballpark even. I’m assuming you could cut 1/4" at 60-80ipm? My biggest question is the pierce delay. I’v heard somewhere on here as much as 2 sec which seems rather high. can anyone confirm? Probably ordering one this week. Would love another hypertherm but 3k isn’t in the cards right now.

I bought a 50S for my table. The table will be here Wednesday. I went with the 50S because I will never cut more than 1/4" on my table. I have an ESAB PCM875 to use off of the table. I sold my ESAB 380 since I don’t really need it anymore.

I switched gears on my plasma choice from the Powermax 30Air to the 50s… Got a great deal on a compressor and I think the 50s allows for a “broader range of consumables” as well… So, I made a decision to save a few bux in the end and still get a decent plasma… I know, not a Hypertherm but, for a first time purchase for a home-gamer like me, I don’t think I will be disappointed… Still waiting on table here and plasma is on it’s way… Very exciting times for me!!

1 Like

Im having issues with my 50S not firing on every cut. It will start fine but will miss cuts. I just cut a project that had lettering and it would cut 3 letters and not fire in the 4th and then cut a couple and then miss one. Any ideas what Im doing wrong?

1 Like

I’m sure you have checked your consumables already, right?

How’s your air? Where is your ground hooked up?

1 Like