Everlast 82 I raw voltage pics,video, diagram

does anyone have the step by step to wire in raw voltage? a video would be great or detailed pics thanks . just received my table will start assembly next week

Its very easy. Take off the plasma’s cover.
You can run the red and black leads through the front cover vents.
Important…
Red lead goes to the work lead bolt inside.
The Black goes to the torch lead bolt.
You should pick up a couple of ring terminals with 3/8 holes in them.
Tie wrap them up so they do not get pulled out.
Put the cover back on.
Your done.
I used double stick tape to hold the VMI box to the outside of the plasma cutter on the side.
Follow the directions on plugging in the leads into the correct plug locations on the VMI box.
Red = work lead
Black = torch lead.

3 Likes

Its a great machine. You will love it. I had mine for two years now without a single problem. When your ready to burn metal let me know and I will send you a cut chart that works for that Everlast 82i.

3 Likes

thanks i will

Everlast 82i cut chart. This works well for me.
ACFrOgBiZgGnIZ_faY61udw-c58QsbPreCBsXLA_OYF1ihr_DCGwP0F1nNeWtQxbT3qOFse26mG6UB9i7AdWW56CarYnZXREt_IM6CALWPZDdnM43xHNu8SpANBgov0=.pdf|attachment (46.9 KB)

1 Like

Can I get that cut chart please?

ACFrOgBiZgGnIZ_faY61udw-c58QsbPreCBsXLA_OYF1ihr_DCGwP0F1nNeWtQxbT3qOFse26mG6UB9i7AdWW56CarYnZXREt_IM6CALWPZDdnM43xHNu8SpANBgov0=.pdf|attachment (46.9 KB)
Just click on this link.
Happy cutting…

1 Like

Hi do you still have to change the pin to 50 to 1 on the inside also?

Raw voltage only. Trust me. Don’t mess with the divided voltage pins. Now wire up pins 1 and 2 for the torch switch.

!

Thank you to the JediTanker for the pictures.

2 Likes

thank you Toolboy for the pictures…
@Bigdaddy2166

@Bigdaddy2166

Im not a Everlast owner but… Just wanted to say you did a great job with the pics. super easy to follow!

Those pictures were from a forum user named JediTanker. I did save them. So I will take the complement. I have 10000 miles to go to reach TinMan and mechanic416 status.

1 Like

yes I will take the compliment…my serial number on the everlast…hehehehehe…

1 Like

Yes, anytime I see a set of quality pictures about a subject that I know we will use in the future, I download them. They are great illustrations of the Everlast task at hand.:melting_face:

1 Like

I totally did this method of tapping into the raw voltage and the Engineer from Everlast told me it would void my warranty. lol So i switched back to the CNC port on the back of the machine. Sure when I do a “test” Cut controls gives me a voltage warning but the Everlast Engineer just told me that LS it just trying to make you not trust the Everlast product with the warning. he said “they are designed to operate at that voltage and it’s NOT and error” My perspective is that Everlast and LS are not best friends… I like them both so i don’t care if they get along or not. haha

3 Likes

I have talked to the Everlast in San Francisco before, too.
The engineering dept guy has the personality of a Wolverine—I, too, like them both. I have my machine wired both ways. Just move some plugs around, and I’m on divided voltage, which does not work. Well, let me say it’s not the correct ratio. I suspect it is closer to 100:1 or 75:1. I have never done the math on the voltages, so I don’t know for sure. One thing is for sure is: it works on raw voltage. I’m sure glad for you and your new shop. It is wonderful.

4 Likes

Well I can understand that since you’re obviously a newbie… :roll_eyes: :thinking: :rofl:

4 Likes

I had all my video footage and photos to do a “how to” video but than I scrapped it all. I didn’t want to be the guy people blamed for warranty issues. haha

I’m using the raw voltage pins on the CNC port. Seems to work. I thought about just hooking back up to the two leads that are still hanging out the front of my machine… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the machine, and their service is good unless you need tech support. I have Bluetooth Everlast foot pedal for my Tig machine. I needed a new battery pack for it. He told me he couldn’t get one, then said he would call me back four months ago.
If Everlast wanted to fix this, they would. The percentage of guys that buy that machine and hook it to divided voltage on a CNC table is minute.
Now I discovered that the company named Nova makes the foot pedal for them, and I had the new pedal under warranty three days later.

1 Like