Everlast 60s machine torch question

I am trying to troubleshoot the issue of my torch missing certain pieces of my cut work. the torch is not firing on some pieces after working perfectly on other pieces, which is exactly the same job, same design, same file.

the software will go through the motion, however it won’t cut/fire.

I purchased the torch from someone on here/Ebay. when I received it, the torch has two wires coming off of it. I went through the instructions from Langmuir and wired the two wires from the controller (box on table) to the cnc plug that go to the cnc port on the back of my machine. I soldered the connection and put everything back together and plugged it in. the torch would not fire.

I double-checked my work, still nothing.

I inquired about the wires from the torch and I was told that they should have been taped off, that they aren’t used.

I checked again about the soldering and the connection on the back of the machine through the cnc plug into the port. still the torch wouldn’t fire. checked the command sequence in mach3 - it was fine.

so then I snipped the wires to the cnc plug, removed it from the machine (first) and then wired it directly to the two wires coming from the torch (that I was told to tape off) - viola - it worked.

so I have a couple of questions - does anyone have a machine torch with their Everlast plasma cutter? if you do can you tell me how your torch is set up?

today, as part of the elimination process, I am going to hook the hand torch up, wire the wires to the plug for the cnc port and see what happens.

this is definitely getting old.

1 Like

I have a 50s with CNC port. wires from the lanmuir box to the CNC port on the everlast. I also have the machine torch and it had the 2 wires as well. If your CNC port is wired correctly you don’t need them. I actually took the torch apart and removed them all together. Using your CNC port, does your machine fire with the hand torch? Look at the pigtail on both torches, are the pins in the same location?

This pic is from my hand torch, turns out you only need 2 of them. On the hand torch 2 of the wires are for the switch in the handle. My machine torch only has 2 wires connected to the machine

Make sure your CNC port is wired correctly, 2 wires from the langmuir to the cnc port, doesn’t matter which order, it just closes a circuit. Also, the wires on my port on the langmuir side were loose inside the box. I had to remove the shrink tube and re-solder them. I was getting intermittent firing problems. Also, on the cnc port connector, use shrink tube to isolate the wires between 1 and 2, tiny pins, and a little extra solder could be causing your problem as well… Those are a bitch to solder! I tinned both ends, pins and wires, then just hit them with a little heat. Not great, but solid.

2 Likes

Man thank you!!! I pretty much have wasted my cnc plug that goes into the back of the machine. Let’s just say I’m not a good solderer. I’m gonna try and do this tomorrow. I just wanna know it works. See my other resources to another or my posts about what I believed fixed it today. Thanks again brother. This info has been bookmarked.

You can always test it with an ohm meter or continuity tester. Probe one of the pins on the nc port and it should only have continuity with 1 wire, then the same for the next pin. Just remember to put some kind insulator between the pins inside the plug to prevent shorting

i’m just beyond frustrated. yesterday I cut three small pieces and they cut fine, maybe a little tweaking on the amps and air, but nice cuts. I go to cut the exact same thing today as a test - it cuts half way and then stops cutting, the torch moves, air is flowing and it finishes without cutting.

it should not be this difficult!!!

I am so frustrated. I want to cut bigger pieces, but honestly I have lost my faith in the machine and the plasma cutter.

I thought yesterday it was my wiring and I fixed that - now its stopping again.

This doesn’t look like your diagram Dicky.

Dickeys Diagram is the CNC board inside the plasma cutter

2 Likes

yeah that’s what I figured. so here’s what I’ve deduced through all this…

I hooked the hand torch to the machine and ran the Langmuir wire to the cnc port on the back of the plasma cutter. ran four of the exact same test/cuts - all worked.

hooked the machine torch up to the machine and ran the same connections, even used the same consumables - ran four tests, all four tests the torch would fire, misfire, stop firing at random points along the cut.

I checked all the connections inside the Langmuir control box.

I then ran the hand torch by itself, no cnc port, cut fine

I then ran the machine torch connected to the table and torch firing through mach3 - it only worked 3 out of 6 times.

I don’t know what else to do. I am hooking up the hand torch to the machine for now.

Got a pic of your machine torch? Also a pic of the connector for the machine torch

I sold him the torch about 30 days ago. Its the Tecmo torch from Italy not a cheap copy from China. He has been told to return it to me for testing and if found defective it will be repaired, replaced or moneys refunded. There are others on here and other CNC tables using the torch’s I sell and have not had any trouble, that’s why I don’t sell cheap torch’s.

1 Like

IMG_3231 IMG_3232 IMG_3233 IMG_3234 IMG_3235

George,

He (Bill) sent you a private message yesterday telling you that I would send the torch somewhere to have it looked at. You said “I can tell you it’s not the torch”. “There are others on here that have the same plasma cutter and don’t have any trouble”. That may be the case, and I explained to you that all I am trying to do is to alleviate whatever the problem is along the way. But your uncanny certainty that it is not the torch you sold as the problem - however confident, makes me leery.

You then told me you "will have to see it before you can make a determination on WHAT to refund me.

This is not about the money. This is not about personalities. But you are obviously a salesman. Your contribution on this forum is that of directing people to you and your ebay/website shop in order to make sales. It is clearly obvious that your interest here is to sell items from your shop and the only advice and support I have seen is to nudge people toward buying your items.

I didn’t want to get into a debate, argument or pissing match back and forth with you - but you posted the response above about me after I sent you a private message to get this cleared up.

I’ve watched your responses since being a member here. and I’ve kept my mouth shut because my opinion of you has been negative based on some of your responses. I suggested you as a seller of the torch for my son to purchase because I had little to no information on other sellers.

I am not sending this torch back to you for your review. Mostly because I don’t trust that you wouldn’t say the torch isn’t defective if it were. That’s just my gut feeling. You are more concerned with your feedback rating than I believe you are in making it right. I will send it somewhere else and if they tell me it’s defective I will deal with it privately and at my own expense. If they tell me it isn’t defective, then even better.

A suggestion for you, your business is based on feedback and review and you aren’t the only shop out there. Be kind to people and listen when they talk. Your arrogant approach and abrupt way you treat people will only affect your business in the future. It’s just free advice.

I absolutely appreciate all the help and resources I have received from members on this forum. I acknowledge my technical weaknesses immediately. And I am spending an enormous amount of time researching ways to get all of this to work. I know without a doubt how frustrating my questions can be. But I also know that every single person on here didn’t wake up with the knowledge they posses, albeit some probably attain it faster than others.

I am retired and on a fixed income and this is a hobby to me that I will try to earn a little income from. It’s also fun and exciting to work on getting something to work.

I hope you will message me directly with any questions or concerns you have.

Bill

Use a continuity tester or ohm meter and check for continuity between the 2 pins with the red arrows. These are the ones that provide the electricity to the torch when using the CNC port on the plasma. If you are using your CNC port, the blue arrows are not used. Those are the two wires hanging outside of the casing. If you are not using the CNC port, those two wires should be hooked up to the langmuir cable that fires the torch. You can test this by putting your torch over a piece of metal at pierce height, then touch the two wires together, the torch should fire. I don’t have that exact machine torch, but the pinouts for the everlast are the same. I just looked at my torch connector and it is identical. I just looked at your post above, and if thats the guy I think it is (just checked, it is), I didn’t find him pleasant at all and would not buy from him if it saved me $100. We got into it in another forum. I have the PT60 machine torch.

1 Like

Dicky is there suppose to be a picture attached?

oOOPS, I was tired…

1 Like

Lol. No worries. I feel like that every day. I’ve got the wire from the Langmuir hooked up to the cnc port on the back of the machine and functioning. I cut a bunch today without my hiccups as far as the hand torch not misfiring or not firing.

Still have some tweaking to do with the pierce delay and will have to do the latest update to my sheetcam for the milliseconds and mach3.

My torch just sits for a long time on the pierces and on 16ga it doesn’t need to. I have it set to 400ms or .4 but it doesn’t seem to speed it up.

I think I use 200 and 300 mostly. Its programmed in my tools

If you haven’t told Mach3 that you’re using ms then it’s going to treat anything less than a second as a full second.

You definitely want to convert to ms if you’re doing thin stuff or you get a lot of burn through.

Config, general config… Check the box…

1 Like

Spot on.

It’d be nice if Mach fixed the bug but I figure that’s unlikely with 4 released.