Everlast 50 or Hypertherm 45xp

Wow! I did not know that! Guess I will have to look into Hypertherm on my next bigger machine! Thanks for the info Jim. I knew Hypertherm was definitely the best, but that certainly quantifies it!

But, you need THC to get Max life out of the consumables. You need to pierce further from the material than you cut (.15" vs .06" if I recall my settings correctly).

Piercing too close shortens the life of the consumables. With the Crossfire gen 1 it was something you had to live with. The new Crossfire Pro with THC should help maximize consumable life.

3 Likes

I have Z axis and THC

i just bought a 45xp with the CPC and machine torch (~2300 usd). Ive had nothing but struggles with the Longevity FoceCut 40i and the chinese PT-80m macine torch and ebay 30 amp consumables. It should be here monday. I cant wait to make some decent parts that dont need hours of clean up on the belt grinder.

I ordered a razorweld 45 but thinking of buying a hypertherm 45 for the Langmuir pro I ordered. What else will I need to buy in order to use the hypertherm ? I plan on selling the new razorweld when it arrives.

A machine torch and the CPC cable will make your life easier.

The machine torch will save you a bunch of grief vs keeping the hand torch aligned. It also lets you change consumables without removing it from the holder.

The CPC cable is plug & play but I think you can get it slightly cheaper from Langmuir or if you can do simple wiring, you can make one for about $25.

45xp sales brochure

Hereā€™s a clip from the sales brochure.
If I was buying an 45xp right now this is the model number Iā€™d buy to go with a langmuir.

45XP 088121

I would think about getting a hand torch as well as a machine torch.
you never know when you might need to cut something freehand

I am just getting my system together using a Everlast 52i with a machine torch. I have had a problem with the air valve sticking open and not acting nice, but other than that it works well. I have other plasma cutters to compare with and so far its good. You donā€™t always get better equipment at the higher prices, although I think the advice giving here is based on experience.

Input air pressure can not exceed 125PSI. This will cause the air solenoid to stay open some times. Also cutting pressure should be set between 55 and 75PSI. Machine torchā€™s sometimes will need about 5psi more then a hand torch.

1 Like

Thanks for the input George. I talked to the Everlast tech support and they advised me on the repair procedure which worked for a short time, now its not working correctly. I will have to replace the air valve to correct. Everlast recommends that the working air pressure be 75PSI, requires the regulator on my system to be set at about 85PSI static. I keep the to the system at 110PSI.

I bought the hypertherm 088121 just received it and received the plug n play cable from langmuir. Iā€™m lost for now on what wires I need to connect to the Voltage input Module. I canā€™t seem to find just a simple diagram

it tells you in the description in the store listing for the cable

What about the DIV output and the PV output are they needed to connected to the torch on/off or 50:1 voltage divider

there are pretty good instructions on the langmuir site under support, user guides, ls-torch height controller guide. you only have one in. and one out with 50/1 divided voltage

what made you go from the 30 to the 45? im thinking about getting the 30 with the built in compressor

Im on the 65 now, been for a couple years. Mainly speed is reason. the 30 is just super slow. I can cut 1/4" on that at I think 20IPM on the 45 I was at 50IPM and the 65 is 90IPM. The 45 is small but super powerful, Iā€™d def get that over any 30. The 65 is much quieter than the 45 but also much bigger.

1 Like

which compressor are you running, or should i ask, whatā€™s the smallest compressor that can be used on the 65? iā€™m looking at that one myself.

Depends on how much you cut. If you donā€™t foresee using the machine more than 5-10hrs a week you could skimp and get a 60g, but Iā€™d get an 80g. But then you get into brand, stages, hp, etc and it just adds up fast. So IG rand is pretty popular good and affordable. Iv used their 80g for a while, Iv used a 60 dewalt and I also use a 60g rotary screw Atlas. that is over 6k and not ideal if you arenā€™t using your machine alot. But that compressor will run 100% duty cycle. The 80g IG rand use to be 1,000$, now around me I think it went up to 1100 or more, still a good bang for buck. Quincy is another good brand. If on a budget the 60g will work and you can get the 45xp and do alot with that setup.

hypertherm 45XP, after starting out with a chinese unit and having nothing but problems and crap cuts, i spent the money on a hypertherm. worth every one of the 240,000 pennies i spent on it. and im just a hobby userā€¦

1 Like