Everlast 102i, can it be used to do sheetmetal?

Hey everyone, I am looking at purchasing the Crossfire Pro. I am thinking about buying the Everlast 102i so I can have the versatility of cutting thin material and also have the ability to cut thicker material if needed. I was just hoping to get some feedback of any Everlast 102 owners and see if this is a good thought process or am I looking at it wrong. Any feedback, advice, words of wisdom etc, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

100 amps WOW how thick do you plan on cutting?

Make sure you realize the weight limitations of the Pro. Sound like you might be cutting really thick material

I’m a heavy equipment mechanic by trade, so id like to have the capability to use the machine to fabricate tooling when needed and some of that stuff has to be pretty heavy duty

I take it you have seen plasma cut parts before. What kind of parts do you plan on making?
That will cut some really thick brackets or tooling.

To me having a 100 amp cutter on the small table seems lopsided.
Like Don said table may be the wink link.

2 Likes

Dont let the numbers on the side of that box fool you.

Compare the Specs between the Everlast 102i and the Hypertherm 85 sync.

The Everlast is a great machine. I started with a 60s Everlast which worked well but it doesn’t compare to the Hypertherm in actually delivered cutting power and inch per minute .

I probably save 30-40% of my time cutting with my Hypertherm compared to my 60s.

2 Likes

If you plan on cutting metal thinner then say 3/16" I would recommend getting a PTM 60 torch along with the PTM100 torch so you can use smaller consumables. The smalest cutting tip for the PTM100 is 1.0mm/50 amp.

Everlast 102 CNC package $2000
Hypertherm 85 CNC package $5400

4 Likes

And worth every penny of it, especially if your doing any higher level of production volume.

1"

From the standard powermax 85 but I think this picture says a lot .

Hypertherm Left vs Everlast Right

2 Likes

I have a 102i with a hand torch for cutting stuff on the welding table. 82i for the Crossfire. The big limitation will be the 102 needs a 80 amp circuit on single phase. 60 amp on three phase. For most people in a small shop that’s half the circuit panels amp rating. Now if you have a 200 or 400 amp panel than go for it. Its a great machine.

2 Likes

I thought you just swiped manuals. You swipe parts too!? :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m not here to start a debate between the Everlast and the Hypertherm plasma cutters as I have had and used both.

The Everlast 100 amp electrode is air cooled inside as well as outside so it does not need the copper mass as the Hypertherm 85 electrode needs.

I have run my Hypertherm 85, Everlast 82 and 102 on a 50 amp circuit and cut a lot of thick metal and have never kicked out the breaker. May be because I was not using it continuously for a long time.

4 Likes

George, it looks like your scale has had a run in with one of your plasma cutters…

1 Like

If you were as old as it is, you would look a little used also! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Looks like the hyperthem 85 just edges out the everlast 102

12,000 watts for the everlast 102 vs 12,155 for the hyperthem 85.

Both machines are impressive!

1 Like

How about SYNC on Everlast?
We continue to test both chinese and US Machines machines with the SYNC cartridge - so far the results are as expected - results are usually spectacular, better sometimes by alot versus aftermarket Hypertherm parts. Fine cut are notably amazing, where it appears the thicker the material the less advantage SYNC has over standard Duramax parts.
Cost will be higher, but much depends on your setup and skill.

So if you want the very best - We can put this OEM Hypertherm torch head & body (Yes, OEM Hypertherm) on almost ANY MACHINE - Miller - Thermal Dynamics - Everlast - Lotos - Razorweld - OLD Hypertherm G3, etc. Cost starts at $599 for 20 Foot, $10 per foot over 20 foot.
PlasmaDyn

We manufacture 0.65mm for PT80 & 0.8mm for PT100, have had great luck - happy to send some to you to try

1 Like

Been looking for smaller consumables for my ipt100.

welcome to the forum…
Everlast makes 1.0 tips for the IPT-100 torches…that is about as small as you will get…
it is a decent size tip…you can cut thin material with it easily…just lower your amps and raise your cut speed…and make sure to measure your kerf and enter that into your cut settings…away you go

2 Likes

you have another option and that is to possibly buy another torch and wire it to work on the Everlast that can use smaller consumables…
I do know the best person to ask and get advice from is @mechanic416 , George…what is your inlut on this?

Yeah i can run faster no biggy and i can get the smaller torch to work. But plasmadyn mentioned they made .8 for the 100 torch so was hoping i could have the easy solution since for as hard working as i am i am quite lazy… lol