DIY CPC cable for Everlast and Primeweld w/ cnc port

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. I wasn’t sure of the size of the connectors.

I found 2-10ft cables on Amazon for cheap so that’s again for pointing me in the right direction. I’m in the final steps of my setup so getting super excited to get this thing cutting.

2 Likes

Just remember that CHEAP cables can also cause more trouble when dealing with electronics.

4 Likes

Exactly!

The one that is referenced by Bret is what I got, as well. No problems. Note that it states that it has 18 AWG wire. Now whether that is true or not, at least they stated a gauge wire.

Most of the other listings either ignore listing a wire gauge or state they are in the 26 gauge range. That is really small wire.

1 Like

Since these cables just supply voltage can they be extended by soldering new wire in? I received my extension cables and almost ready to test it out but in case they don’t work was wondering if I could just make the cables longer since they are data cable I didn’t see why not.

Let’s start with this question first:

I have my VIM box attached to my cutter. That is how Langmuir envisioned this kit and the length of cable. So that is fine.

Personally, I am reluctant to tell you that everything will work out fine. It might; but, you are making several changes at one time before you even have your system up and running. If you do the soldered wire and then things don’t work, will you feel comfortable setting everything up like Langmuir suggested and get the system running correctly?

If all goes well, then make one change at a time. You can go crazy to your heart’s content. At least that way you won’t be chasing your tail.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the input.

Just to update you. Everything did work out fine. Only issue I had was creating my first G-code but after a few YouTube videos I was able to get a code created to make some test cuts and now I just got to dial in my cuts a little bit very impressed with the first cuts and how clean they came out just a small amount of angle to the cuts so minor adjustments and should be good to roll. Thanks for all the help.

2 Likes

Sure is a relief with that first gcode and to see the machine come to life, like it is suppose to.

Many people try to do the “cut ready” files (gcode) that may or may not work with their set-up. This sets them up for lots of initial misery and consternation. Then they start to panic.

You are doing it the right way. :clap:

2 Likes

I still got a lot to learn for sure but that’s a lot of the fun in it. I was super excited to get it finally up and running since it’s been assembled for at least 4 months just sitting waiting for my new shop area to be put together but it was worth the wait. Now to get a bunch of steel and start the learning curve.

1 Like