DIY 8" 750CFM Table-Fume Exhaust Installed

Nicely done. I set up a 1600 CFM Harbor freight fan and used their rubber ducting that attaches to it. I gave up trying to find the 8 inch ducting in store and reduced it to a 4inch. Should have just ordered it. Thanks for the links, I can get mine squared away now.

To address the issue of switching it on and off, I bought the wireless plug adaptors from HF and use the little remote to turn them on. I also run two box fans with HVAC filters taped on front.

I love it. Going to do same but to an old range hood that will slide back and forth depending on cut location.

Very nice work. Seems to pull the lions share of smoke out of your shop. Thanks for sharing it.
I think I recognized the frame in the HHR video as a 47-55 Chevy truck of some sort then saw the rear of a panel truck that looks like it might be a Chevy.

Yup, here it is all finished.

3 Likes

Sweet! 54 right? I’d love to see how you bagged it.

Thanks, it’s a 55.1 but yes same difference.

Here are some detail shots of how I got it on the ground, as well as a shot from last week using it in its utility role. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m regretting cutting corners and doing dumb things on my 48 frame. I have another frame I’m planning on doing it right as you did! I like the cross member work you did and shifting the custom gas tank to the rear or did the panel trucks come with the tank back there?

This tank location is custom. It’s a '68 Buick Lesabre EFI tank kit from CPP. Spent a while researching which tank fit best in that location.

HI- I am looking to set up a better exhaust system. I watched your video of your system working and it seems like it works well. Could you upload a picture of your system so i get a better idea of what it all looks like- Thank you

I just saw you do have pictures and a whole list of supplies- sorry

1 Like

this is what I have…
it is a HRV that vents stale inside out and exchanges the temp with incoming air…about 80% efficient…
I have also now run a flexible 6" line down to the plasma table and it just sits on the torch head…sucks up aroun 75% of the fumes…

1 Like