Distance between razor weld and XF controls?

I’m setting up storage and shelving on the XF pro frame. Before I get too deep, do I need to worry about where my razor weld plasma cutter is relative to the control box?

The recommendation is to have it as far away from the control box as you can.

Thanks! Was that in the manual somewhere? I must have missed it.

It appeared in a recent post from LangMuir. It is a ways down in this post…

langmuir-mike

3d

Hi @moonshinefabworks we’re very confidant that what you are seeing is the noise problem that we’ve been discussing above. If you scroll up you can see my update to this thread today where we mentioned that as a precaution we are going to send out a snap-on ferrite choke to every CrossFire PRO owner that already has received their Box 2 so that they can solve this issue for good. We are going to start shipping these out early next week via USPS. In the meantime, the easiest way to prevent it for your setup is to move your plasma cutter away from the electronics enclosure as far as you can and also unloop any cables that you have including the work clamp and torch cable (loops in these cables can magnify the noise).

2 Likes

I’m not sure that that noise issue is related to the razor weld products. The ferrite does not seem to be needed for RW plasma cutters.

1 Like

The noise can be seen with any plasma cutter it appears. I’m affected with my Hypertherm.

It depends how you have the cables managed.

2 Likes

What is the length of the included torch firing cable?

I’m in batch 2 and attempting to plan ahead as much as possible for my install. I’ve searched in the manual, forum, etc. to find the length of the torch firing cable, but can’t seem to find it.