Difficulties (At my wits end) with Fusion 360 program! Help!

Working on an update

Is this for a clutch?

No it’s actually a rear axle bracket for mounting the rear radius rods on my hotrod

1 Like

When mounted the holes will actually be approximately 90degs to the ground

I see kind of. Lol. Hopefully we’ll see pics when it’s all done

This should help

That’s a lot of good context there.

I might have to do it in a few videos BC my loom(video hosting) only does 5 minutes at a time.

I sure don’t have a problem with that. Make as many segments as you deem necessary

I’ve been working on doing the drawing which is getting somewhat thanks to the back button, lol easier but my biggest hurdle is saving it to a format that I can send to my printer to make a template for mock up.

I think we would be able to make a PDF straight from Fusion 360.

I used to print out lots of scale templates for sheet metal from SketchUp 8 before I jump to Fusion 360.
I did really enjoy that program a lot.

1 Like

Looks like you’ll need the distance from the center of the upper hole to the top of the part.

The radius of the lower bend would be nice but not critical I guess.

I figured some of it I can extrapolate from what was there but, yes that would definitely be a great measurement to have as well.

I was hoping it would be a slightly less organic, easier bracket for doing a basic Fusion 360 walkthrough with…

I ll work with what we have though.

Hahaha I don’t do anything easy, lol
Here’s a another update

1 Like

I gave up on the Fusion 360 free version. It always seemed to glitch one way or another. The file system was goofy in my opinion.
My son uses the paid version and loves it. Everybody in his company uses it without problems as far as I know.
I went back to my old 2d Intellicad. You can use any program that outputs DXF.

I was wondering if the free version had limited use compared to the paid version. But I’m not about to pay those prices

4 5/8 + 4 3/4 = 9 3/8 on the left is longer then the entire length on the right at 9 1/4 ?

something not adding up

Math wasn’t my suite, lol as long as the hole center to center is 4 3/4 the over all length can be adjusted to be equal

This might help understand what I’m doing. This is the pattern I was basing my design off of but couldn’t get the wrap around the axle to look right

lf imastreetrodder.pdf (74.1 KB)

try this printed to actual size on 8.5x11

I’ll work on the video later
lf bracket v2.f3d (172.8 KB)

I printed it here and the measurements workout as far as scale goes.

Is this close to what you’re going for.?a few measurements that are still in flux

1 Like

Dude that turned out great! It matches my drawing perfectly

1 Like