Did I Fry my VIM Box?

So…

I moved my plasma cutter (Hypertherm 45) the other day, and managed to break the splitter cable than plugs into the VIM DIV input. After resoldering that (I may have messed up the polarity), I inadvertantly plugged it back into the “PV output” port on the VIM and fired everything up…and I can’t make cuts.

Starts to make a cut, then I get the classic Fault Screen, lists potential sources of error, etc…

When I run the THC diagnostic, it is measuring 0.0 V for the live voltage display.

How badly am I screwed? Any ideas on a course of action? Any help is greatly appreciated…

Just opened the VIM box. Looks like plugging the DIV input into the PV output wouldn’t fry anything, and I can’t see any cooked resistors or capcitors. My concern now is that I had the polarity on the DIV input flipped after I patched the cable and plugged it back into the DIV input correctly. Could this fry the THC chip in the control box?

Currently at work, so I can’t run through the Trouble Shooting flow chart until I get home…

Just do a Firecontrol voltage test, I’m betting it’ll be fine and you’ll realize you were overthinking it

There are some very technologically impaired owners that have done everything from reversing polarity, plugging the input plug to the output end and vice versa, and worse.

No issue came about after it was corrected.

I know cause I spent a considerable amount of time with one specific user when I figured out (via phone) that not only was his polarity reversed, he kept using the wrong port on his VIM.

No issues once it was all rectified.

I doubt that you fried anything. Polarity is very important. If you reversed the polarity, it will report zero volts.