Cutting with a Primeweld cut 60

I am using the Cut 60 and working on dialing it in for cutting on the Crossfire Pro system. I am using 16 ga right now and would like to discuss with others using this machine their settings and what they are experiencing using it to cut.

Does anyone know of a forum for this machine??

use book settings.

I used primeweld plasma cutters before. They should have a manual (although poorly translated to English) but you should see there the recommended settings for 16Ga. It should be able to cut it without any issues.

It can cut it I just want to fine tune it I am going to have to get a 30amp tip am using 40 right now the new manual is great I am able to cut it with 25 amp not 30 like the manual calls for I just want to know if anyone is currently using and have they fine tuned the cuts.

Thanks for your reply Merry Christmas

i cut at 29 amps using .9(40amp) tip, around 130 ipm 50 psi. Set the air dial on the cutter to 55, flip the air switch and it’ll drop about 5 psi. that’s going to be your cutting psi.

Im getting pretty good cuts , i think lol, on my 16g projects. Cf pro with cut 60 plasma and machine torch. Im running 40amp sheilded consumables,
.125 piece height, .045 cut height, .75 sec pierce, 30 amps with 60 psi and 100 imp.

4 Likes

I really like that you posted all your details with the results. Good practice to follow!

Also, good job on the work too! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply I am very close to those settings I am using an unshielded I am switching to shielded today will be running a 40 amp tip also. How much clean up do you have after the cuts?

Your cuts look great how much cleanup do you have after the cuts. And thanks for posting the settings you are using. I know that George has 30 amp tips for fine cut and am wondering if I should pick up some to try. Also, how long are your tips lasting??

Dross is not bad, what does build up chips off pretty easily. Ill try to get some pics for you later today.

I cant really give feedback on consumable life yet as i just got most my kinks worked out [ still have s few, that might affect consumable life ] . But iv done 3 of those elk run signs [ 32in across ], 2 of the sweet cellar [ 20ish in] and maybe 3 other simpler signs [ 12- 20 inches] on the same electrode and 40amp tip

1 Like

I am church right now looking forward to those pictures I will be running mine again tomorrow will post some pictures.thanks for reply

Okay so here are some straight off the table pics of the back side. The finer detail work has the most dross while the bigger cuts are pretty clean. Id say about 85 percent of the dross will come off with a fingernail and all but maybe a few little pieces will come off with a small scraper.

1 Like

Thanks for the pictures mine is looking about the same as yours. Are you using flap disk for cleanup if so what grit. Also, how high are you keeping your water table…? Sorry for all the questions but it is very helpful to me…would like to zoom call some time to discuss and pick your brain…

gonna have to try your settings. i have a lil more dross on mine that what you have.

1 Like

The thing that gets me is that they’re so clean and smoke free! How do you do that!???

1 Like

Well my " straight off the table " comment might have been misleading. I am cutting cold rolled plate so right after cut i wipe off the water so my plate does not flash rust…

This is the backside of a peice i messed up on and this one did not get dried off. I also cut with the factory oil on the plate ? Not sure if that changes anything.

2 Likes

When we spoke i forgot to answer your clean up question. So far iv had the best luck with cleaning the back side with 2in 80grit rolloc disks in the angle grinder. For the face i have been sanding with the orbital sander, also with 80grit.

1 Like

@Natemade Nathan, that is some of the finest cutting I have seen yet. The first pictures you posted are fantastic. Primeweld machine did that? They have improved a lot then, I have only had experience with them a long time ago.

But more important than the machine is the person using it. Really congrats on such results! I am not a plasma cutting expert but you really impressed me!

try using a water additive to prevent the rust.
I use Greencut…and I can leave plate on the table for days after a cut…no rust…
there are a lot of different options in the forums for mixes.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, just a guy trying to make some parts the best i can. Still have a lot to learn and improve on, but this forum has been a great resource.