Cutting with a Primeweld cut 60

At some point ill get to try some cutting fluid. Right now i use a little borax to keep the slats forn rusting to bad. Id like to build a drainage tank before i invest in cutting fluid.

for me the tank was the first thing I did…

1 Like

Troy, Prime weld has come a very long way in the last couple of years! They in my opinion are actually one of the best out there. No I am not paid by them! I am just the Corporate Weld Manager for Drilling Tools International and a Welding Engineer.

I have the hand torch for the prime weld cut60. Do you take the stand off off of the torch for CNC work?

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good people and info here to help get you started. I see you got your answer elsewhere.

As a Cut 60 user myself, for connecting to the Langmuir controller I’ll suggest you research the pros and cons of using the CNC port vs “raw voltage” which is connecting your work and torch leads directly to the motherboard of your cutter. Most people (myself included) choose the raw voltage method.

The reason is the Cut60s have not always worked well with LS via the CNC port voltage control board and voltage spikes have been noted. The newer model Cut60s are not supposed to present this condition, but some folks support the “better safe than sorry” approach.

You may be fine either way with a new Cut60, but if you want to read up on it just use the search function and some key words like “raw voltage” and “cut60”.

1 Like

@DovR welcome to the forum!

Yes you do. The standoff is only used for hand cutting

Edit:

oops I glossed right over that… sorry… carry on. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes