Cutting 3/8in metal W/ Tips on settings and how to add pauses to your cut to help with duty cycle in Fusion

Just quoting one of my all-time favorite threads on here. Crappy fusion 360 - Langmuir Systems Forum

BTW, I love F360. Love being able to switch back and forth between CAD and CAM for quick fine tuning.

3 Likes

Agreed. I rarely keep my same initial setup. Always wanting to tweak something.

I know this is gone from twitch, Looked on YouTube but did not see it. I see how its done, but not sure how you control where the pause goes?

1 Like

Unless you want to go into the tap file and enter the lines, I believe your option for us learning this is to put it in between tool paths.

You move the various tool paths (including the dwell “tool path”) with a left click and hold with the mouse and then move it up or down the tree of tool paths. You will see a line indicating where it will drop. Dropping by letting go of the left mouse button. So, you can create the dwell command/tool path at the end of the entire project and just move it to where you want.

That is what I remember from Tin’s demonstration. I admit that I forgot this instruction so the pictures were good for refreshing.

I feel like doing a little bit of live @Knick streaming today , I can recover this.

Anything else you want covered during the live stream?

I figure about 1:30 to 1:45 pm pst today. After I get my youngest down for his nap.

3 Likes

I won’t be able to watch live. Hopefully it will be available later.

I always like more understanding of the contour selection menus in the CAM. The part that really messes me up is when I try to edit a tool path and remove, add or change of contour (inside/outside). It does not mess up every time but when it does I just have to delete the entire selection and start over. It seems to lock up and stop responding to mouse clicks and will change to a different color for the contour. I know it is trying to tell me something. I just don’t know what.

Edit: I got to watch this about 7:30 pm. Thank you @TinWhisperer so much. It was cutting and not cutting one side or the other of a rectangle that gave me most fits. Pressing on the gear was the element I was missing. It used to access this feature by a right click on the line you did not want before the most recent update. Okay…I will try to keep quiet for a bit and give others a chance.

1 Like

Thank you! Will you be putting this on You tube?

So I take it this was on Twitch and is now gone? I am trying to bookmmark the videos you do on specific topics.

the video is but the screen shots walk through it nicely

For me videos are the best. I see you can save your own Twitch videos but I cant save one of yours.
How To Save and Export Twitch Streams | DataProt.
Ok I found a way to save the Twitch Videos so I am set moving forward.
Thanks

1 Like

Another thing you could do is if you let me know what video and the timestamp you want saved and I can do a video" highlight"and that video will be available on twitch forever.

Cuz a lot of the time the whole video isn’t relevant so if you knew that you needed from 10 minutes to 17 minutes on a video for example let me know and I’ll make a highlight

1 Like

I totally forget the Twitch videos disappear after 7 days. I watched it but will need it when the time comes to refer back to as memory is horrible. Now that I can save them I am all set. You don’t need to do anymore then you already are. I appreciate all you do

2 Likes