CUT60 THC Interference

Just use one of these to eliminate the ground. no cutting involved

4 Likes

noob comment…ready?..“which one do I choose…they all look the same…”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Do I put the screw in the tab to hold it in?

OK, so I’m thinking (and that right there can be dangerous) :crazy_face:, the raw voltage signal coming from the plasma cutter to the THC board is quite a noisy bastard. If not tried already, let’s try shielded cable (only one end of the shield connected to ground to avoid ground loops), AND ferrite beads around each end of that cable.
Try grounding that cable shield at the plasma cutter only please. If no success, lets try grounding it at is the control box only.

1 Like

NEGATIVE, then you’ll be grounding it!
It was actually designed to convert an older type 2-prong ungrounded outlet to a 3-prong grounded outlet.

Got ya, you jumped on that one to quick :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My bad… LOL Wrong item listed…

Since removing the PC ground seems to reduce the problem, the problem is more likely ground currents and induced voltages than EMI/ RFI per se.

1 Like

Hmmmmm, if so, maybe a big-ass pi network filter on the CUT60 power line?

A big brother to this one maybe?

Hmmmm, maybe isolate the slats and water table from the rest of the table where you have multiple grounds attached.
As my buddy George is prone to point out, the Work lead is not a ground. It is actually a sense line where beaucoup amps flow and critical voltages are sensed.
Would you tie your welder work lead to your PC ground?

1 Like

The charcoal gray one. The other gray one and the grey ones won’t work.

Are you using the THC3T with a pro table and a cut60?

No, I am using the THC3T-04 with a 2x2 Original Table & controller, Mach3, and a Lotos LTP5500D (also one of the ones they have claimed as unsupported). I totally reworked the power and ground distribution on the controller, isolating the electronics ground from the table/slats. and enclosed in an ABS Splashproof enclosure. You can see my setup at Finally completed my CrossFire mods

2 Likes

Ah. Ok. Totally different with the Pro electronics box so probably not something to look into.

According to Langmuir Systems even the Mach 3 system fails with the Cut 60 (and the other ‘banned’ systems) so maybe there is both a common problem and, therefore, a common solution…

Just a note here:

Make sure all your feed cables, computer cables, plasma cutter torch, work/ground cable are NEVER coiled up. They must be laid out as straight as possible to stop a magnetic field that will cause trouble with electronics.

Yup, it’s a big “spark-gap” generator! :zap::zap: :rofl:

Well said, George. Thanks for your great service over the years, Barry

@langmuir-daniel I’m sure you guys are busy otherwise, but any progress with PrimeWeld and the CUT60 issues?

2 Likes