I’m starting this thread just to give some general knowledge about troubleshooting the THC (particularly with Primeweld Cut60). I began using the CF Pro back in Dec '20. For the first few weeks, it ran ok without THC. After setting up the THC, it ran flawlessly for the first 2 weeks or so. Then all HELL broke loose. An alarm every. single. run.
I went through all the troubleshooting guides, all the tips and tricks. Had a replacement plasma machine sent. Changed THC chip on board. Replaced VIM box. Switching from PC to laptop. Relocated control panel. Spaced out plasma and PC. All voltages and resistance(s) measured within spec. But still no success.
Conclusion, interference with grounding. I don’t know enough about it to explain details. But running the laptop (without charger plugged in) or PC (with ground wire cut) alleviated the issue for good. I’ll figure out a permanent fix for my setup. Just thought I’d share. I spent months racking my brain on this and endured the frustration. So maybe others won’t have to.
And BIG PROPS to Thomas from Langmuir. He was a huge help.