Cut Quality Issues and no change with setting changes

The way the regulator is inside the RW case is not practical to change the settings for the different thicknesses of metal you are cutting. You have to totally take the cover off. Plus, the air pressure fluctuates as the cutter is running.

Add a reg to the rear of the unit so you can adjust it. It should not fluctuate more then a few psi, if it is then you need to find out why.

It definitely fluctuates during cutting and we were told that was normal. The amount it fluctuates depends on what the initial setting was. At 70 psi it goes down to 60 psi during a cut. At 83 psi it goes down to about 80. There was another person that replied that his does the same thing.

Are you taking out the regulator that is inside the unit when you add a regulator to the outside?

No, air will still flow through it. You should have about a 5 psi drop.

So do you just set the regulator inside to a higher setting so it will just flow through?

We really didn’t see a difference in the cuts when we had it running at 60 psi at 28 amps to the 80 psi it is running at now also at 28 amps. From our conversation with Razorweld with the first regulator went out, they pretty much said to set it and leave it at 75.

I was having a problem with air flow when I first set up too. I was dropping about 15psi every time the torch kicked on. It will drop a bit but that was do to constriction of air volume and flow. What I had going on was 90psi at the compressor - which is fine… but I had a regulator and filter inline - that was set at about the operating pressure I wanted - ie: 65psi. , but when the torch kicked on - I was getting like 45-50psi during operation. what I did is crank that inline regulator to 90psi like at the compressor - then it wouldn’t suffer the excessive drop in pressure when the torch kicked on. and as George says, you should set the pressure for what when its cutting not when its static… So, for me that was like 5psi more than I wanted to cut with - so long as I was not restricting the flow inline

1 Like

that is what my rig looks like minus a dryer… but I am using PW not RW

regarding which settings , I was hoping to see in a sample cut, try the large shim, with about 26 amp and about 100ipm and 60psi (operating ) Give this a try - and post back with a photo if possible.

Hi! We will give it a try! It may be a few days.

What is your set up? I don’t see a photo. What is PW? Sorry if silly question.

yeah , notation for such an uncommon unit… sorry. Its a primeweld cut 60.

Ah! Have not heard of that one.

It’s a 60A beast from what I hear, probably similar to the Everlast 60s but less expensive.

I would have went with that if I could do it all over again.

Nordicack how do you like yours?

Ever see quality drop like this ? Started on left 1st cut well, on 2nd attempt cut failed no changes just repositioned . 3rd has new consumables still crappy cut. 4th is new G-code I stopped it in mid cut. Everlast 62i 1.1mm tip 70psi 40ipm 60a
I don’t understand !?!?

Work clamp loose or not making good connection.
Hopefully you have it connected to the actual metal being cut.

1 Like

yeah i place the clamp onto one of the slats and i have a magnet lug wired to the clamp and i place it on the work piece but i will double check and try again
Thanks

It’s a classic lousy work lead connection scenario. The whole slat thing works until it doesn’t. Not worth it because it will always screw up with the $200 sheet of steel loaded on the table.

1 Like

wire brushed both sides and cleaned to bare metal for the work clamp

Have you checked the connection at the plasma cutter?

2 Likes

How tight is that lower clamp on the torch? Can you push up on the electrode and have it snap down again? That torch is very sensitive to being clamped where you have it.
Have you tried a different program to see if it’s a Fusion post problem?

1 Like

plasma side was tight but a little bit of green crud - cleaned it up retried same crap :frowning:
lower torch clamp is just finger snug to not tight @mechanic416 told me not to do that.

I can try another already been cut code and see

2 Likes