Cut bigger than the table?

If you had to, can you cut and feed your material through the machine to finish? Like you need a one piece 8’ long… Call it a skidplate, that’s the only thing that comes to mind.

You can index if you can keep everything lined up! U will need to post info on the part and the more experienced members can help you. I believe that there are a couple that have done this. I could help you if it were on a CNC machining center. I do know that you will have to put a side stop and a location point on the part for the first and second index. I have not tried this on my table yet. Which table do you have? @Sacco I believe I have seen you on here before but not if you have posted the size of your table.
Some one smarter than me on this can help you!
There is a YouTube video that can help you, I watched it once…

2 Likes

At the top right corner. The magnafying glass. Click it and search Indexing. Lots of great info on what your asking.

1 Like

My Pro gets here next month, 48x33 (hopefully). This feature was a “selling point” of another table, plasma cam maybe? So this is more of pre arrival question.

I’m going to save the oh I didn’t know I need air compressor till after I get it. Or the long vrs short lead screws.

The magnafying glass option, that in Fire control?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is the way to do it!!! Research, Research, and asking questions before it gets there!! I keep forgetting about the magnifying glass to do a search. Yep! 48x33.

2 Likes

[quote=“Sacco, post:4, topic:13570”]
The magnafying glass option, that in Fire control?

Thanks!
[/quote] Top right corner of the screen your on reading this.

1 Like

I happened to watch the YT Video mentioned by Gene Sibley just yesterday, so it was easy to find. https://youtu.be/OmByODAlPGE.

2 Likes

@jimt got it, thanks! If I’d know it was “indexing” may not have posted that. Hey I believe ya should learn something new each day.

@Joel48 that’s a keeper right there. TY!