Custom water table questions

Sorry it took me so long but i did a clean out and figured this would be the best time to shoot you all a video. If there is anything you see you want to know more about just let me know.

2 Likes

tht is a cool set up no doubt.
love the overflow setup…

I do hope you have a secondary plasma “ground” clamp for actually clamoping to the metal…
clamoing to the table is not the best option…I would add a second clamp to be able to clamp to the metal being cut.
I say that as the slats and the table will get a coating on them ans slowly reduce conductivity…the slat tops wil get burnt and dirty and not provide great contact.

I have seen people actually arc weld the sheet to the slats as the material tries to make contact with the “ground”…this fluctuates the voltage readings…

and the coiled up lines below the table can create issues with electromagnetic interferance…small but there…so make sure you have a ferrite choke on your USB…

but over all a well thought out system and pretty cool…thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Here is a new post so that all the pictures and video are together if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I usually do clamp the ground to my work but with really small pieces its almost impossible without it being in the way.

I completely agree…

1 Like

What is the purpose of the coolant head? Heat management on thin material I assume, does it help to contain dust?

1 Like

Main reason for coolant at the torch is to control the movement of thinner stock. Besides keeping metal from warping the coolant helps reduce the noise. one of the greatest side effects is the amount of metal dust and smoke it prevents from becoming airborne . Also being able to pick-up your part right after cutting is very nice as well.

2 Likes