Custom water table questions

Hahahaha!
I’ve got “Alexa” throughout the entire house since 2016 (over 40 devices), and we have not touched a light-switch since then, I kid you not. Even the pool filter and waterfall pumps, outdoor lighting, music, etc.
As far as the shop goes, all lights, workbench power, AC units, Air Compressor, a couple extractor fans, music are all voice, motion and timer activated. Geofencing ensures the compressor power and AC units de-energize, if my mobile phone leaves the area >1-mile.
I started off with Samsung SmartThings and now I’m using Hubitat. all devices are Z-Wave+
I have Wyze cameras all over the place, and this comes in very useful when I rest something down in the shop while working and can’t find it moments afterwards.
We Can’t live without it now :nerd_face: :rofl:

I know…I can see you with my PC after I hacked in…ahahahahahahahahhaa

People just love to “talk to the house” when they visit!
The home automation project began in early February 2016 immediately after my Spine surgery (L4, L5). I was laid-up and only allowed to stand and walk around for about 20 minutes at a time. So I would plan it out strategically, high on pain-killers, get up and change a light-switch in <20-mins, get back in bed and program the hub from my laptop, rinse and repeat. Sure killed the boredom! :rofl: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

If it’s worth doing, it’s worth OVERDOING! :nerd_face: :rofl: :rofl: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

“Everything to excess! Moderation is for monks.”

(said Robert Heinlein)

Starship Troopers author. Awesome.

1 Like

OK… Now I’m hoping we get covid locked down again, so we can become friends and make completely pointless but off the charts cool shop things together!

1 Like

Who needs a lockdown to have fun ?? I’ll will piss first in this contest.

Quantum 6 power mobility chair with a lazyboy recliner on it. I built it for riding up to the bathroom from my shop which is about 200 feet away.

Currently working on a Jazzy 4 wheel mobility scooter / riding vacuum to vacuum my shop. It will be complete with a penis erectus that will extend at the push of a button for vacuuming under tool boxes and benches.

Interesting … L4, L5 and S1 for me… I crashed a sand rail in 1993 had a Lumbar Laminectomy in 1997

I run my shop off of an Alexa. My wife got one of the original ones for her birthday it looked like a hockey puck. My wife treated it like her best friend until I noticed it had a USB port in it. It went from her best friend to something you would not want friends from church to be around but would get along great with the local Bar hag, truck driving, sailor. :grin:

Man, that blown out disk was the MOST pain I ever experienced, on a scale of 1 to 10 it was around 26 :grimacing: :cry:
A couple of my good friends are doctors one being an Anesthesiologist and the other a Neurosurgeon, plus consulting for the hospital , I am good with all the OR staff… they had me back to normal in no time! :rofl:

1 Like

ok…now that is freaking funny cool…
I plan to put a urinal in my shop beside my shop sink…reduces the travel time for coffee pisses.

my wife is not so thrilled to have a garage with a urinal in it…ahahahahaha…i told her she could use it any time…ahahahaha

2 Likes

Hello! I made my water pan with 12 ga 304 stainless steel. 3" wide slats and 3.5 inch tall pan.

I was able to cut through the pan, but i was my mistake. I was cutting 1.25 inch plate @85A, and my water level was too low…

3 Likes

What was cutting 1.25" plate like? Would love to see how that worked out!

@Blue17Ram

How far from the border are you? I’m in Eastern WA…

I’m in Boise ( southern Idaho) About 350-ish miles away from Spokane

Hello! I have a Hypertherm 85, and the result was not perfect. I finished with a pretty good angle everywhere, except in the straight section. I don’t have pictures…

When I purchased my Crossfire pro, I read about all the issues about leaking pans and such, I went ahead and had a custom stainless pan made to avoid the issues folks are having, glad I did, I have had zero pan issues, this would be a great upgrade for the company to provide but I think the shipping might be a hiccup for them. This machine has worked flawless with no issues.

2 Likes

I have a table on order and was thinking about the same thing, Getting it made right from the beginning.

Can you let us know what it cost ? Where it was made? Maybe a photo or two…Pleases

I’ve got no problem with the stock SS pans. I tig welded mine together and put SS drains out bottom.

I think 2 piece welded is stronger with spine down middle anyhow. Level is based on machine rails. 2 piece works and is smart shipping. Raise stanchions and slats if you’re worried about powerthrough

2 Likes