Crossfire XR delivery?

Mine was 28763. I didn’t see the email until this morning.

RBS and Timmer when did you put the order in??

My order was at 10:20 am the first day, when it opened up at 10:00 am.

They PRE-ordered, not ordered.

It was pre production purchase.

Not a good matrix to judge future lead times by.

1 Like

Is there anyone on here that has ordered on in the last 4 months?? Even if they are preordered they still have to fill that order. If people preordered in April and they still do not have the order then Langmuir has to be 4-5 months behind? I just received an email from them saying 2 months and I am not sure I believe this.

Everyone ordering before this month was effectively pre-ordering because they hadn’t manufactured & delivered the first customer unit. I believe the website was clear in that status in terms of extended delivery times.

Going forward if they follow their previous practice, they’ll have them built in batches and schedule new orders based on the batch production schedules. For the next month or so they’ll likely be focused on getting the first pre-orders shipped. But they have managed new order scheduling with every new product as they moved into steady state.

The supply chain issues are the wrench in the works in all this but as they’ve now gotten real data from the first units and can build a buffer to help account for likely delays.

3 Likes

You’re not grasping what pre-ordered means. We knew when we pre-ordered, that the estimate was 6+ months out. And we saved $1000 by doing it that way. Since they are just ramping up and filling pre-orders, there is no way to tell when an order placed today will be ready - at least not by us. They are not shipping regular orders yet. Once they get through the backlog of pre-orders, they start shipping regular orders that have been placed in the last few months, and they they’ll be caught up where they can start shipping regular-production orders as they come in, like they do on the regular Crossfire and Crossfire Pro.

3 Likes

Really good explanations, ordered my XR on 10-01-21 #33190, they say it will ship in December. It’s hard to tell where you are with your order because the numbers are probably not just for the XRs. There are two other plasma tables and a welding table, plus part that they sell that have order numbers. I already have two jobs, just going to get a friend with a table to cut them for me. I wonder, will things ever get back to normal.

1 Like

28811 is ready for shipping.

1 Like

It looks likes 39 orders out in 2 days. Could be parts or tables we here don’t know.

1. Received payment completion email today

yes, Pre ordered with delivery in mid Aug…

#31425 still waiting on my email to pay for the xr. Hopefully it will be soon.

FYI I have received the actual plasma cutter and cable already, and the CNC portion is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. So it will be 8 days from email notification of availability to delivery, from Texas to Wisconsin. Note that one day was lost because I didn’t see the email the day before.

It was already in Chicago on Friday. I am having it delivered to my work, which has a loading bay and forklift.

Order 28805 on its way.

Got my email and paid in full on 10/26, shipping notice the following day.
Shipping to commercial address in NW OR was $579.60
Was just delivered today, 11/9
Order number 28692

I still wonder how many orders were actually placed for batch 1

1 Like

Only 800 more orders in front of mine! Woo-hoo! Lol, I’m cool with a backup in delivery time… LS puts quality ahead of speed. I’ve got lots of fun stuff to play with in the shop.

Let’s go Brandon!

5 Likes

what is the latest order #
I know it’s getting close my # 28928 waiting for my email

28810 shipped. You are probably next, assuming about 1/2-2/3 of the orders aren’t for XR tables.