CrossFire PRO THC

I have a Miller 625 Extreme with the Short Body XT40M machine torch and I have ordered the Crossfire PRO with the THC. If I order the Automation Kit from Miller with the CNC port will it be plug and play with your equipment? Also sounds like I am going to want your custom torch mount for machine torches too right?

1 Like

I was checking out one of the Videos from Price CNC THC and at the end of the Video. I saw a Breakout Board [Price CNC (BOB) and attached was a UC100 motion controller that uses Mach3.xml file.
This is the video.
Price CNC
I have one of the UC100 and UCCNC software That’s runs my CNC Router.
I also have the same BOB used in the video. I could use that Setup on my Cross Fire Pro.
Here is a video of the UCCNC setup for Langmuir.xml or Mach3.xml
UCCNC

I have same setup and would like to know this as well.

1 Like

Great, I will be using my Hypertherm Powermax45 with a Machine Torch. Good to know I can use the CNC Port ( Machine Torch ) and the Hand torch ( If Needed ) On The Pro Table

That will be a good setup and make the machine entirely plug and play for you.

1 Like

I currently use my Hypertherm 65 with the “regular” langmuir and hand torch with modified trigger cable inside 65 cabinet. Correct me if I am wrong in my understanding : to add thc on my soon to arrive PRO and my Hypertherm 65 + hand torch , no cnc port = just add the thc (400$) and cnc port ?

The Voltage Input Module (VIM) that comes with the THC has a inputs for raw arc volts and divided arc volts. If you don’t wish to retrofit your plasma cutter with the CPC port, then you’ll need to tie into the raw volts using the raw volts leads provided with the THC.

Thank you Daniel for your answer. 2 questions: 1- Are there advantages to install the cpc for the thc? 2- Is the machine torch required ? Marc.

The main advantage of the CPC port is that you don’t need to tie into raw arc volts which carries a measured increase in risk of shock. If the option is available to you, I would recommend that you retrofit your plasma cutter with the CPC port.

1 Like

Hoping the cut charts come with detailed numbers with AMPS from thin to thick material. say 16g to 1.5" range. We have been using other sites for rough numbers but it would be nice to have one big chart to print out.

Same here - I’ve got the long machine torch…with the CNC port on the 625. It sounds like if you have the CNC board it’s pretty much plug an play to the 50:1 input on the VIM. I’ll try and post some info once I get it hooked up.

It looks like it supports the ARC OK output from the board as well, but I’ve not seen where that might be used.

What ever happened with the arc OK input? @langmuir-daniel

Hi James. Did you ever get the cnc add on for the 625? Or did you just wire it raw?
I also have the non cnc version with the long torch and am just finishing the crossfire pro build (coming from the regular crossfire…

I did get the CNC port…a few pics are in my post from when I setup my table.

I need the torch holder too… Forgot that!

I am not sure if my THC is working correctly as this is how always seems to be. I am not able to check any of the options like ACTIVE, UP, DOWN or OK. Maybe I am not suppose to.
DF8FE17DD7EE429B8E04AC1A031E2548
THC-Test Report_02-01-2022_11-38.txt (215 Bytes)

The test checks out fine (included above).
Since I do not know if this is normal, I did not want to bother langmuir tech support.

Those dots are indication lights…you can not do anything with them.
those only light up when THC is active and running
on the top Right of your FireControl is the top 2 buttons lit up when you are all plugged in and powered up?

Yep. Finally got that fixed by flipping the chip around…very embarrassing. So I think it is running right. Now I just need to work on my cutting speeds (got some top dross and the hard rolled dross today). My speed was 65 ipm with hypertherm 45xp set to 45 cutting 3/16 inch mild steel. I read that I was moving too fast and the holes suffered as well. I appreciate your response and really pay attention to what you and TinWhisperer have to say. I am sure there are many others with great insight. Everything is moving so fast with me so it is hard to pay attention to all that is happening when it is cutting. It has been just since yesterday that I finally got everything hooked up correctly. About myself: I am 64 years old and am a full time home health Physical Therapist. I have significant floaters in my eyes and I have to look at a tape measure two or three times to make sure I am reading the right thing. So when I put on those #5 glasses, I am just guessing what I am seeing.

1 Like

glad to hear you are getting somewhere.
most of us here are old farts with age related problems…
I am a 56 year old retired Property and Operations Manager for a major Hospital in out city.

1 Like

I refuse to grow old, or is that grow up. Either way still not as old as toolboy. :grin:

2 Likes