CrossFire PRO THC

This thread is to discuss the THC add-on option for the CrossFire PRO. Recently, @langmuir-mike wrote a summary of the key features of the THC. I have copied and pasted it below:

We have partnered with Price CNC to offer a customized THC unit for the CrossFire PRO including features such as ARC OK, adjustable THC delay, input isolation module (raw arc volts and 50:1 voltage divider), voltage tolerance settings, savable presets with 30 memory slots, automatic voltage sensing, and anti-dive functionality through software (ignoring blocks in g-code such as holes and tight arcs to prevent the torch from diving into the material when it slows down). The THC unit will come wired up and completely plug-n-play to our electronics enclosure and will also include a mounting bracket to the CrossFire PRO. We understand that using a THC can be tempermental especially when manufacturers provide little to no documentation but this is where we want to make a difference! We are going to make a comprehensive user guide, cut charts, and videos that will be an easy to follow guide for cutting with THC. When it is tuned in and cutting well it’s truly an automated process!

The THC isolation module input is designed to accept any non-HF plasma cutter in the following connection methods;

• If you purchased a Razorweld 45 from us with the CrossFire PRO, it will come with two CNC ports. One is a 2 pin plug for automatic torch firing and the other is a 50:1 voltage divider output. To connect this plasma cutter to the CrossFire PRO you will simply connect one of the cables to the electronics enclosure for torch firing and the other to the THC isolation module 50:1 voltage divider input.
  • For plasma cutters with an included CNC port such as a Hypertherm or Everlast, these machines will come with a voltage divider in the CNC port already. We will provide a pigtail cable where one end connects into the THC 50:1 voltage divider port and the other will need to be connected to your plasma cutter (either manually yourself or with an off the shelf plug from your manufacturer. Note; Hypertherm machines block out the use of the CPC port on their machines unless you are using a machine torch so please check with them first before proceeding). This cable is only 2 low voltage wires and should be easy to make the connections.
  • For plasma cutters that don’t have a CNC port with voltage divider, you will need to tap into the raw voltage of your machine for measuring real-time arc voltages. The THC isolation module has a dual input so that it accepts either raw arc volts or a 50:1 output signal from a CNC port. For these customers, we will provide a pigtail cable where one end plugs into the isolation module raw arc volts port and the other can be connected to the hot wire and work wire inside the plasma cutter. We have wired up a legacy Razorweld 45 (no THC port) and it is an easy process and we will provide full instructions for how to wire up most common inverter plasma cutters.

Best,
Mike

I have not yet purchased a plasma for my pro but wanted to ask if there was any chance you will be offering a machine torch option for the razor weld 45 as I have no use for a hand torch.

Realistically we don’t plan on it. The cost of the machine torch for the Razorweld is prohibitively high.

I can’t wait to get my hands on the Pro. I’ve been hand bombing using straight edges, stencils and circle cutters with my Powermax45.

I looked up Price CNC. Looks like a great unit. They sell the AVHC10. They have a few videos and a manual for download. Is this what will come with the pro? If so I’ll start thumbing through the manual.

1 Like

TECMO PTM 60
Mach. Torch works on the RAZORCUT45

I have a razorweld 45 already. I actually bought it off a crossfire owner who was upgrading. It currently has the two pin plug, but not the voltage divider. Will the pig tail be included in the pro box, or will it have to be requested?

@ custommetalmke:::The THC isolation module has a dual input so that it accepts either raw arc volts or a 50:1 output signal from a CNC port. For these customers, we will provide a pigtail cable where one end plugs into the isolation module raw arc volts port and the other can be connected to the hot wire and work wire inside the plasma cutter. We have wired up a legacy Razorweld 45 (no THC port) and it is an easy process and we will provide full instructions for how to wire up most common inverter plasma cutters.

1 Like

Thanks, this clears things up.

I just copied it and pasted from Langmuirs initial post above.
Near the end of their post they answered that question.:+1::wink:

2 Likes

I have a Hypertherm mini torch coming. Do I need to get an Ohmic retaining cap for the torch for the THC to work?

No you dont- the PRO has initial height sensing as standard so an ohmic retaining cap is not necessary.

I have a Miller 625 Extreme with the Short Body XT40M machine torch and I have ordered the Crossfire PRO with the THC. If I order the Automation Kit from Miller with the CNC port will it be plug and play with your equipment? Also sounds like I am going to want your custom torch mount for machine torches too right?

1 Like

I was checking out one of the Videos from Price CNC THC and at the end of the Video. I saw a Breakout Board [Price CNC (BOB) and attached was a UC100 motion controller that uses Mach3.xml file.
This is the video.
Price CNC
I have one of the UC100 and UCCNC software That’s runs my CNC Router.
I also have the same BOB used in the video. I could use that Setup on my Cross Fire Pro.
Here is a video of the UCCNC setup for Langmuir.xml or Mach3.xml
UCCNC

I have same setup and would like to know this as well.

1 Like

Great, I will be using my Hypertherm Powermax45 with a Machine Torch. Good to know I can use the CNC Port ( Machine Torch ) and the Hand torch ( If Needed ) On The Pro Table

That will be a good setup and make the machine entirely plug and play for you.

1 Like

I currently use my Hypertherm 65 with the “regular” langmuir and hand torch with modified trigger cable inside 65 cabinet. Correct me if I am wrong in my understanding : to add thc on my soon to arrive PRO and my Hypertherm 65 + hand torch , no cnc port = just add the thc (400$) and cnc port ?

The Voltage Input Module (VIM) that comes with the THC has a inputs for raw arc volts and divided arc volts. If you don’t wish to retrofit your plasma cutter with the CPC port, then you’ll need to tie into the raw volts using the raw volts leads provided with the THC.

Thank you Daniel for your answer. 2 questions: 1- Are there advantages to install the cpc for the thc? 2- Is the machine torch required ? Marc.

The main advantage of the CPC port is that you don’t need to tie into raw arc volts which carries a measured increase in risk of shock. If the option is available to you, I would recommend that you retrofit your plasma cutter with the CPC port.

1 Like