Crossfire Pro attempt first cuts

So new guy here…I have a couple things that I can’t figure out and am looking for some direction.

I have everything assembled and figured I’d start with a basic design for a test cut. Drew this up in autocad as I’m familiar with that. Ran it through sheetcam. When I bring it into Firecontrol I’m confused as to what I’ve done wrong.

So from the pics attached you can see my torch is bottom left hand corner and its zeroed out. I can run the break in program and that all works correctly to go from corner to corner of the table. If I load my part, it shows my torch location as being further over on the x axis than where the torch is?

If I run it as a dry run it doesn’t seem to move around the whole part either?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

And it won’t let me upload the .tap file?

Looks like the origin that is in your gcode file is a little off (edit - should read: the offsets from the origin, not the origin). Probably something you’ll need to look into Autocad to set bottom left before exporting to sheetcam. Possibly a sheetcam issue, but I don’t think so at least from what I see here. Good news is there is a new button in Firecontrol called “Set Program Origin” right below the blue “Go to XY Zero” button. Try clicking that, and you should see some green boxes around your part. Select one of the (bottom left probably) and it should move the part to xy 0 for you…

but…it’s better to track down where the offset problem came from so you don’t have to do that all the time…but for a one-off issue, the button is a time saver.

1 Like

Oh - and welcome to the forums! Search and read around - lots of good info and good folks on here to help out.

when you bring in your DFX file from autocad…Sheetcam asks you the scale required…metric…imperial…and 1:1 1:20

check that first…that might explain the part way off in the distance…it is scaled wrong

1 Like

Not sure about the 1:20 but typically if you’ve got a metric sizing issue it’s 1:25.4

1" = 25.4 mm

1 Like

Bingo…I was just rambling off some numbers from memory…and you guys know my…and you guys know m…

1 Like

I made sure I had it set to 1:25.4 on the transfer into sheetcam.
Units are inches in autocad
Inches everywhere else
Origin point in autocad was 1,1

I’ll keep playing with it.