Convert Crossfire Pro to 5x10

I am thinking of building a new 5x10 frame and installing new X & Y lead screws to accommodate the new frame size. Does anyone know if FireControl will work with longer X, Y coordinates?

2 Likes

I’m not sure but I would think so

There is no software limit on table size. The limiting factor will be whipping of the lead screws, if you make them that long.

7 Likes

FireControl will run with your power supply off (motors won’t turn). See if you can run out to the dimensions you want.

2 Likes

I made a 1000mmX1000mm openbuilds workbee cnc router a few years ago. This is definitely an issue.

2 Likes

Great suggestion. I created a 4’ x 8’ cut file and ran it in Fire Control. I works, Thank you. As for the potential whipping of the lead screws, I will probably go the a large diameter ball screw setup.

2 Likes

I also ran a 5’1" x 10’1" cut file and in ran in fire control with no issues.

1 Like

If you get real ball screws, you won’t have any whipping problem. Glad you found out if it works.

Following; I’d love to extend mine to at least 4’ x 5’…why the odd size? To have room for scrap left over without having to pull off whatever 4’ x 4’ I already have on top (and to maintain a small work space)