Cletus' Crossfire Build n Mods

Well, my biggest fear happened, the shipping company called yesterday (Friday) just before the close of business. Customs has held my package, no reason given and the shipping company has backed away, leaving me to fend for myself. So, I’ve hired me my own Customs Broker and hopefully he’ll deal with these jackasses next week. Thinking maybe I should stock up on Vaseline, surely they’re gonna try to rip me a new one! :scream:

1 Like

So this will be my new control electronics enclosure. My buddy had an extra, brand new, so I took it off his hands.

You appear to do some fine work Cletus. Love the clean look of the laser engraved control panels.

I try my friend, I try. Thanks much, for the compliments!

Well, Customs duty and taxes have been paid (US$735), truck hired and the factory across the road, which I used to manage, is lending me a forklift. The Crossfire should be here tomorrow :grinning:

1 Like

OUCH! Are you sure that isn’t TT $?

No sir, US$ (TT$5,145.00) … Yup, I sure needed that Vaseline! :grimacing:

I sure hope you can sit down in a few months. They do make them cusions with a hole in the middle.

Hahahaha! :rofl:

It is now “tomorrow” and young Cletus is bleary-eyed and exhausted from a sleepless night waiting for Santa to roll up to his door with the object of his obsession. Poor guy will barely be able to hold the 9/64 hex wrench in his coffee-palsied fingers. Let us all wish him good luck with his build today! :grin:

1 Like

Hahaha… Yeah, I’m sitting outside awaiting the truck with big brown crate, forklift at the ready! :rofl:

1 Like

Well here she is, all built and running. No cuts yet, running some Gcode tests and the plumbing still to be done tomorrow. She’s working fine. Crate arrived with a big hole in it, but no damage. Time for a shower and a Jack Daniels or two on the rocks!

Working on leveling it, proving to be quite a task, getting torch height consistent at all points!

4 Likes

What is that gadget?

Lookin’ good, Cletus! I’m looking forward to first cuts!

And have a JD on me! Nice sipping…

Just a neat cable exit.

1 Like

Completed 18gal reservoir, note the “Piper Cub style” vertical water level indicator (I’m just having too much fun) :grinning:

4 Likes

Nice and clean.
Too clean! When ya gonna start cutting metal!?

1 Like

You are indeed enjoying yourself dude. :+1:

Yea, lots of fun. Now lets get this thing dirty :smiley: