Cletus' Crossfire Build n Mods

Yeah, I use that valve to cut off my air supply when it’s not needed. Saves wear and tear on the compressor. Tied in with my Home Control network so it shuts off automatically after 6:30 PM and stays off until I flip the control to give me some air! Handy that it’s fail safe on power failures…

dang…never thought of that…great idea…I tend to leave my compressor on all the time…drives the wife nuts when it goes off in the middle of the night…this way I can tie it into my light switch…no shop lights…compressor turns off

1 Like

First time using it and I’m VERY impressed! Opens up a lot of possibilities!

My compressor and some other critical stuff (workbench and soldering stuff, etc) is on a Geofence routine that shuts down if I leave the one mile radius (if I have my phone with me, that is)
Really happy tearing away from SmartThings and migrating to Hubitat!
BTW Tom
I ordered the NAS with 4TB, got frustrated trying to do it with Raspberry Pi.:crazy_face:

Wonder if “the boys” at Langmuir sitting back after hours with a whisky, saying “now, did we not think of that?” … :rofl::grinning: :rofl:

I think the ‘Langmuir Boys’ are too young to appreciate a good whiskey. No offense, but it does take some time in the ‘trenches’ to appreciate the value of having your tongue and throat burned by the ‘heavenly nectar’ and still, as the fragrance wafts and the warming to the core takes place, you understand the meaning of peace :joy:

Howzat? Pretty sappy huh?

1 Like

Yeah, that was a bust from the get go. Tough to beat SATA6 transfer rates and an OS that not only does one thing, but supports it for all the popular OSs.

Hahaha, they’ll get there! Love this forum and the privilege to contribute my shabby $0.02 worth! :rofl:
BTW the above is very profound, as one who delights of the ‘nectar’, I will certainly quote you! :rofl:

1 Like

I was about to say this is off topic for the Cletus thread…but Tom started it…
my all time favorites to date
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/4837/talisker-10-year-old

like sipping on gold dirt…

2 Likes

Don’t get me started! :rofl:

1 Like

Well, staying on topic :roll_eyes: I saw your link and had hoped it could be a source for my favorite (as NC ABC taxes kill whiskey prices) so I checked… OMG! I haven’t priced Lagavulin 16 since last January! Looks like I’ll really have to suck it up this year! Oh, the things we do for love…

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/alexa-echodot-brackets

Alexa, please turn off Cletus’ computer…

2 Likes

“Cletus’ computer not responding”
:rofl:

hahahahaha

1 Like

SEASON’S GREETINGS ALL! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
off topic I know, but I’ve decided to buy this sometime in January and proceed learning to TIG weld Aluminum (was always my desire to weld Aluminum).
Communicated with George already and he will hook me up with all the consumables I’ll be needing. Once I get going, I’ll surely invest in a water cooled torch and build my own water cooler system.

Enjoy the Holidays all!

1 Like

you are alive…yay…

I have tried the multi process machines…and I am not thrilled with them.
although they offer the ability to do many things with one machine…I find trying to tune in one function…then having to tune it for another…then going back…a real pain.

I find that for almost most of my work I do TIG…more precise and easy to work with…my machine is inverted so it does aluminum also.

Miller dynasty model…

what ever you go with…make sure of the following…

good ventilation
foot pedal control for tig
shielding gas for tig

1 Like

I have two 5’x10’ fab tables and a esab 205ic ac/dc under one and a millermatic 220 ac/dc under the other and for multiprocess machines they both work well. We do a lot of tube work so either dom or chromoly plus smaller aluminum welding so it is nice to have one that will weld it all instead of tripping over two welders all day long. The majority of the tubing is .083" to .120" wall so that also plays a part in how there used.
I agree though I have a dynasty too for the bigger tig jobs but a full tube chassis built out of chromoly doesn’t happen to often when they hear the per foot price of chromoly.

Well, I’m really impressed with my Prime Weld Plasma Cutter. The price-point and features of the TIG225X along with the great reviews have steered me in that direction.

1 Like

That’s what I’m running as well…nice machine…also have a machine similar to the Primeweld…

AHP AlphaTIG 201XD | AHP Tools Inc. (ahpwelds.com)

has been a good AC/DC tig welder. I have to remember to turn off my sprinklers when using it - the HF start opens the solenoids on my irrigation system and causes my lawn to get watered whenever I start an arc in the garage…lol