Child Process Exited with Code 1

Have a Lenova Legion with and AMD Radeon Graphics Card. Keeps giving a Child Process Exited with Code 1 fault when booting up. Seeing what I need to do to repair.

Welcome to the forum. I recommend you read this Public Service Announcement that was posted today:

1 Like

Thanks Tom,

I did see that post. Will disabling windows updates make it so my firecontrol software will work or will Langmuir have to make it so their software will be compatible with Processors that end with U? Sorry not very computer literate when it comes to this stuff.

I’ll move your post to a different category that may get more focus. I don’t use FireControl so don’t have a lot of advice for you other than to use the search tool to search for “Child Process Exited AMD”. That should narrow things down enough to find some useful information.

not sure if you read the post by Reilly…but this has nothing to do with Firecontrol…it is a windows issue.

1 Like

Hey John,

Welcome to the Forum!

Disabling Windows updates will not resolve the issue, as the update has already been applied to your device.

As @toolboy mentioned, this issue stems from the Windows operating system, not FireControl itself. We’ve been searching for ways to resolve this on our end since last October, but it unfortunately seems like we’ll have to wait for Microsoft to patch it.

That said, there are a few steps that you can take that some users have used with success - these include a fresh FireControl installation, updating the CPU drivers, and updating the computer’s BIOS. Updating CPU drivers & BIOS can be drastic steps, so if you go that route it’s best to proceed with caution. I recommend first trying a fresh FireControl installation:

1. Uninstall FireControl from your computer via the Control Panel.
  2. Delete the “.FireControl” folder, which is typically located at the file path: C:/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/.FireControl
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Reinstall FireControl.
  5. If the issue persists, try again, this time installing the “compatibility” version of FireControl.

In the interest of centralizing information, let’s try to keep conversation regarding this issue in one thread: PSA: Regarding “Child Process exited with error code 1”

1 Like