Break-in program

I haven’t gotten my last box yet (now scheduled for Wed per UPS) so haven’t had a chance to test this program I created to test some of the limits of the new Pro table. It’s similar to the original break-in program Langmuir has for the Crossfire but setup for the Pro’s size & THC.

If you have yours setup before next weekend, you can try this TAP file to see if it works. After that I’ll try it myself and post the results and/or any changes I need to make. This is two triangles whose diagonals will cross in the middle of the table.

It should run a series of outline & diagonal movements to the extremes (48.5 Y 33.3 X). The initial height should be 0.15" then lower to 0.06" and up to 1" when moving between “cuts”. I’ve left the M3/M5 because I’m not sure that getting rid of them would not also get rid of the THC fast mode (1" rise after a cut) in FireControl. Crossfire Pro setup test - 5x.tap.dxf (4.4 KB) If you run it, please run it with the plasma off so you’re not cutting a big chunk of steel :slight_smile:

It should run at 150IPM.

As usual, just delete the .DXF at the end of the file leaving just the .TAP and it should work.

Tried this but the x and y are backwards. Wanted to run off of the table

Does your machine jog according to this image? http://assets.langmuirsystems.com/img/firecontrol-guide/image10.png

In other words, right arrow should make the torch move to the right. Up arrow key should make the torch move to the back.

It’s not you - it’s me. The Y axis was longer on the Crossfire XL but the Pro switches the long axis to the X and the short axis to the Y.

Here is another one to try. I’ve flipped it so the long axis (48.25) is on the X and the short axis (33.3) is on the Y.

Sorry about the gantry smacking :slight_smile:

As before, just delete the .dxf from the name.

Crossfire Pro Break-in program.tap.dxf (2.7 KB)

Thanks for the program. I ran it last night, it works fine. It does smack the bearings of the y axis carriage into the rail stanchions, I don’t know if that matters or not to be honest.

We have a break-in program on your website for the PRO now here: http://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

1 Like

Yeah, I expected it would. I set it for the extreme limits of the published size capacity (48.5"x33.3"). But with the official one now available for download that’s the one to go with. Mine was a stopgap until they had theirs up.

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t realize there was an official one up.

I just noticed it last night myself :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks James we appreciate the stopgap!

Can I ask a new question here? I ran the break in program and only the y axis moved. The x axis stayed still. I can toggle the x axis when not running the break in program. I have not tried any other programs yet

Swap the cables to see if you have faulty cables or connections.