Booth for Pro in Shop?

Has anyone built a “booth” in their shop for a Crossfire PRO? As we wait for ours to arrive(soon I hope), thinking of a building a weld type booth around the table to help control dust and smoke. With out a unit here, kind of hard to plan. What would be a good footprint size? Thinking of weld curtains surrounding, maybe even a ceiling over head hooked to a vent? Possibly using a pallet racking frame. Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Check out the thread linked below, my welding curtains & exhaust are on it. I haven’t built the frames for them yet, as I’m still making my caster brackets & doing the drag chain mods. I probably won’t finalize the booth and the exhaust until we move, which will happen on June 1st or before.

1 Like

I love the idea of a “room” for the table…the biggest issue I see is the need to sometimes do service all around the machine…so making walls might make service difficult unless you make the table easily moveable.

I have casters …real nice ones…but leveling is a pain…
Andybacon on here did a cool thing by placing wheeled trailer jacks on the 4 legs of the table…each one is easy and quick to level and the wheels are big and strong enough to roll nicely.

what ever you build…flame and fire proof materials…and good exhaust…or filtered exhaust that is recirculated

1 Like

Yeah my “room” is curtains mounted on frames, lightweight, super easy to move around, stack, etc. Just like you see at professional factories & manufacturing plants (I was a robotic welder & laser operator at a large plant in my youth, that’s what I was copying).

The idea is move the curtains when you need to load the machine, service it, etc. They’ll only be around the machine when I’m running a long job. Otherwise they’ll be nested up against a wall.

Mophorn Welding Screen with Frame 8' x 6', Welding Curtain with 4 Wheels, Welding Protection Screen Red Flame-Resistant Vinyl, Portable Light-Proof Professional

3 Likes