Best way to re-scale something in fusion?

You are awesome!!! Thank you so so much. You’re the best man! I had no idea about that pivot tool. Now to pull this video up in one window and try out this pivot tool in the other window. Thank you again man. I learn something new every time I watch one of your videos.

4 Likes

Not so much experience with cnc equipment but welding and pipefitting I do. I’ve been welding/pipefitting on natural gas pipelines for 6 years now, and welding for about 8 years! I’m always wanting/willing to learn something new though and expand my knowledge.

4 Likes

I was checking this out some more this morning and the middle seat brace will need to be adjusted some. it’ll crash with those rails raised

remade bar stool brace.dxf (17.0 KB)

here is one with some adjustments

2 Likes

You are the man! What kind of adjustments did you have to make? Were you able to see that it needed the adjustments by using the bend function? Or are you just that good?

I turned all the components into sheet metal and bend them up. Of course the Bend command worked perfectly just the way I was trying to use it after the livestream… While assembling those components I noticed that brace was going to crash. I also wasn’t sure whether the 1-in flange went to the inside or the outside of those pieces or what the k factor they used if they used k factors at all.

4 Likes

That’s usually the way it goes LOL. The 1in flange goes on the inside. I’m also not sure of the k factor. It doesn’t show a k factor on the plan sheet unless that is what the R6 means… On the brace and seat it says bend down 86, 89 degrees R6. On the legs it says 89, 83 degrees R6. I’m not sure if that helps. The 37" one that I built I got the bends between the two numbers listed and everything went together well, with a little help from a ratchet strap.