Been running good. Now I'm having issues

I haven’t cut yet, but what Im seeing is the tension for the eccentric bearings were perfectly adjusted for about 90% of the travel, except of course the last inch or so. You can see in this video. I sped up plunge speed to 300ipm to exaggerate the stickiness. Of course it was sticking right where its the most important down by material. So I loosened it up just a touch and lubricated the crap out of it. So that rules that out. Now off to some cuts!

1 Like

Well. No good. First cut of the day. Installed new consumables. Started cutting. Did 2 holes then didnt fire for the next 2 holes, then fired for 1 hole then stopped firing and gave me “run from here option”, which doesnt help since it skipped some holes.

Maybe the wiring for the torch fire? Not making good contact. Just thinking thinking out loud.

1 Like

This is all it does now. Just tried 3 more times. Swapped USB cable, made sure plasma was away, no cables next to each other. I dont get it. Ran fine for weeks now this. I got orders and I cant do anything.

If I manually press my trigger nothing happens. What does this mean?

OK, just fooled around with the retaining cap and got it to fire. Lets see if this works now

1 Like

OK so far so good. I took the retaining cap off and there was some corrosion inside from water splashback. I cleaned it and put it back on and now shes cutting. Hopefully thats all it was. Off to make some cuts now.

2 Likes

Just made a big 30" cut no problem. Could that corroded retaining cap been the culprit for software issues? I noticed before my voltage was around 90v and after cleaning Im back up to around 118v

I know on our machine here, that if you tighten the cap too much it misfires bad. We have had extensive talks with the leadership at Razorweld about this and are hoping that can come up with a solution. But ya, just barely snug the cap down and you should be fine.

2 Likes

Yes I read somewhere on the forum a while back about that issue, so Ive always just gone snug, not tight. This was literally corrosion on the brass so it wasnt making a good contact on the pins. Glad its all sorted out. Thank you everyone for ideas of what to check. I guess it doesnt hurt to look over everything. Crazy how something so minuscule can cause such headaches!

1 Like

old topic, but just reading troubleshooting posts for another issue. you may have resolved this already, but I know as a millwright working on post mixers that slide up and down a shaft like these that they do not like off balanced loads on the slides. the way you have the torch straight out from the torch holder, and the weight of the cable can cause slide binding which would take the load off of the switch to sometimes make it fire early, and could be the cause of slow downward travel due to friction binding. oil on the slide and a way to lessen the unbalanced weight would help.